Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Gotcha, thank you for for educating me. I believe 600 to the ground in a B would be a good running B.

In their day they were. A really good running old school rig gets walked on by stockish stuff of today, then add the tuning these guys are doing nowadays, it's madness

Gotcha, thank you for for educating me. I believe 600 to the ground in a B would be a good running B.

Friends was just under 800 on dyno day with large set of compounds and pieced together pump and bastard nozzles trying to squeeze the last bit of power out and could easily get waxed by an Acert with a tune and cam.

The B pumps are big in size but small in fuel delivery.

There is a fix but no one has been brave enough to try it on a road truck. He even gave up and went electric and these just sit in his desk drawer.
16b1b769dc3591f2f34ad13520b0c542.jpg

ddaaffdbdd70ee9c6c3fc650e46f4efc.jpg

In their day they were. A really good running old school rig gets walked on by stockish stuff of today, then add the tuning these guys are doing nowadays, it's madness

I gave up on mine due to needing pump parts like John posted, it was cheaper to go back to the 855, can match stock pump B model power pretty easily.

Yea, you are correct, 1000 in a E modal or c15 with basically factory parts. Not all cat parts but close.

Easily 1500+ on stock cat parts. HP doesn’t kill them it’s the 3000+ RPM that needs longer rods and valve springs. Several in the limited pulling classes running longer rods, heavily modded injectors and tuned stock ECM north of 3500hp and 3400rpm. Nice to see electricity hanging with the Cyclone pumped Mechanical trucks.

Did he do anything to the carrier? I wonder if it could be slipping and not allowing it to advance, though that is usually more sporadic

This is what I’m wondering, but I’m kinda puzzled.

If stop screw is in there Id pull it, its not really needed.

Then check your timing again.

That is my plan this weekend. With his notes on where he timed it, I’d have assumed the stop screw was long gone but maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The B pumps are big in size but small in fuel delivery.

There is a fix but no one has been brave enough to try it on a road truck. He even gave up and went electric and these just sit in his desk drawer.

Hmmm… does he have any interest in selling?

Hmmm… does he have any interest in selling?

Gonna say no, last set CDS had before they sold out the motorsports division.

Zero market for those anymore, places are doing larger plungers in the electronic injectors. 99.9% of the guys still running a mechanical motor in a truck are either broke or have zero interest in performance. The other VERY small percentage give up when they see the cost and work it takes to get one to run.

Last edited:
Gonna say no, last set CDS had before they sold out the motorsports division.

Zero market for those anymore, places are doing larger plungers in the electronic injectors. 99.9% of the guys still running a mechanical motor in a truck are either broke or have zero interest in performance. The other VERY small percentage give up when they see the cost and work it takes to get one to run.

Understood.

I’m not looking for huge power. Dynoed mine at 750 hp to the tires. If I could pick up another 200 hp to the tires I’d be happy. It’s just a toy, will never work again. And no budget for an electronic motor.

I called CSD just after they quit. Just missed the boat.

Last edited:
We’ll start with the disclaimer that I know it’s not the most correct/safe way to go about it, but oh well.

Pulled the truck in this morning and pulled the cone off the front. Timing stop screw was still in, and so with no real method I just counted the rounds it took to remove it. Put the cover back on, and fired it up.

I didn’t have the timing light with me. It sounded way better and acted better. I greased the truck and said “oh well” to myself and the truck. Hooked back to my trailer and headed out for the week. We’ll see how it does. I’ll report back with the pros or the carnage. IMG_7510.jpg

We’ll start with the disclaimer that I know it’s not the most correct/safe way to go about it, but oh well.

Pulled the truck in this morning and pulled the cone off the front. Timing stop screw was still in, and so with no real method I just counted the rounds it took to remove it. Put the cover back on, and fired it up.

I didn’t have the timing light with me. It sounded way better and acted better. I greased the truck and said “oh well” to myself and the truck. Hooked back to my trailer and headed out for the week. We’ll see how it does. I’ll report back with the pros or the carnage. View attachment 76891

Not having it won't hurt anything, the advance only has so much advance in it.

It should be allowed to advance its max amount at any rpm above the start rpm.

Not having it won't hurt anything, the advance only has so much advance in it.

It should be allowed to advance its max amount at any rpm above the start rpm.

That’s how I looked at it. I don’t know if it worked it’s way in or what happened.

But does it seem to be running better and cooler?

Cleared some of the haze up under medium throttle. Still trails dark under heavy throttle.
I feel it pepped up in some areas.
I feel it cooled down as well. However the weather has been fluctuating so much it’s a touch hard to say.

I expected it to run a bit better, and it may… might just be in my head.

Spent some more time on the thing this weekend.
Didn’t really think there was anything wrong with the overhead but I was partly there replacing some hoses and cleaning some stuff up. Wanted to check the jakes mostly to see if they were too tight. I felt even for a b, they were pretty lack luster. Didn’t find much outta whack.

Plucking away at it, once piece at a time when I get time.
IMG_7581.jpg

Spent some more time on the thing this weekend.
Didn’t really think there was anything wrong with the overhead but I was partly there replacing some hoses and cleaning some stuff up. Wanted to check the jakes mostly to see if they were too tight. I felt even for a b, they were pretty lack luster. Didn’t find much outta whack.

Plucking away at it, once piece at a time when I get time.
View attachment 76917
Air ride cab?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back