Truckers, lets see your rigs!

The 95 t800 with a 12.7 has a dead accelerator pedal. I put a new sensor on and it still won’t do anything. I can bump the idle up and everything else seems to work. What should I look for now?

Check for TPS movement in DDDL. If none then check TPS, TPS wiring, and finally ECM. Pull it apart and take the rear cover off and have a look. They should be resealed every few years anyways.

Got the fine print on the engine tonight.

Has IPD’s 2 pc steel piston kit in it.
New 7w7031 nozzles
I have suspicions that the timing has slipped. I have the paperwork on where it was supposedly set and it sure doesn’t sound like it. I’m fighting a smoke trailing issue as well, including some wild boost numbers but I don’t like the turbo choice they used. It’s way too small for a warmer mechanical in my opinion.

7fb? What did they set the timing at? What turbo?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7fb ATA
If I’m reading the notes correctly,
1000rpm- 24.5
Advance starts at 1200~
1200Rpm- 25.6
1600-30.2
2100-36.1

However like I said, it sounds to me like the timing is way slow.

I think that should be pretty close to pin time if there's nothing real goofy about it. Do you know if it has a stock pump cam in it?

Simple check, pin the pump and then look to see where the flywheel is.

A 7fb should always be pin to pin, they don’t need to be advanced because they get lazy.

Simple check, pin the pump and then look to see where the flywheel is.

A 7fb should always be pin to pin, they don’t need to be advanced because they get lazy.

I’m gonna check it as soon as I get a chance. Also got ahold of a timing light adapter so we’ll see if that’s gonna be good enough to check the timing as well.

I think that should be pretty close to pin time if there's nothing real goofy about it. Do you know if it has a stock pump cam in it?

I do not know about the pump cam no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also does anyone happen to know where the 177148 turbo goes out of its map?

Can’t seem to locate a map for it. Leaving the gate intact on mine, it gets hotter than I’m comfortable with, I blocked it off and have been driving it by the boost gauge. Cooled it way down, but it’ll send that little 75 to the moon.

I do not have the map for the turbo. It is based off of, or close to the 171702 turbo, just with cat comp housing, a smaller turbin wheel and housing. The comp wheels are basically the same.

The 171702 runs out of its map around 45 to 50 psi depending on air flow.

What HP cat do you have?

I do not have the map for the turbo. It is based off of, or close to the 171702 turbo, just with cat comp housing, a smaller turbin wheel and housing. The comp wheels are basically the same.

The 171702 runs out of its map around 45 to 50 psi depending on air flow.

What HP cat do you have?

Well from the factory it was 425 lol
Now, I have no clue.
It would only make 30ish lbs with the gate hooked up and would get hot. I blocked the gate to just try some quick diagnosing.
It cooled it down significantly, but will see upwards of 40lbs, and without me knowing where the map ends, I’ve been using my foot to keep it around 33-36lbs so I didn’t scatter it.

I wonder what your back pressure is? I believe if you work the truck and push it to 40+ psi a lot it will not last to long. But, there are others on here that know a lot more about that then me.

7fb ATA
If I’m reading the notes correctly,
1000rpm- 24.5
Advance starts at 1200~
1200Rpm- 25.6
1600-30.2
2100-36.1

However like I said, it sounds to me like the timing is way slow.

4acb48bba74201a9581f982a29af7395.jpg

Never seen one of these with a 7FB but Leiffi could probably hook you up with his L10 tuning buddy and make it run daylight to dark in 4hrs if you bolt some Euro parts on it.

Well from the factory it was 425 lol
Now, I have no clue.
It would only make 30ish lbs with the gate hooked up and would get hot. I blocked the gate to just try some quick diagnosing.
It cooled it down significantly, but will see upwards of 40lbs, and without me knowing where the map ends, I’ve been using my foot to keep it around 33-36lbs so I didn’t scatter it.

Keep in mind the lower compression B will spin a turbo harder than an electric motor so a larger turbine housing is almost always required.

Keep in mind the lower compression B will spin a turbo harder than an electric motor so a larger turbine housing is almost always required.

Yea I didn’t put this turbo on there. I’d have never went with anything smaller than a 78/1.32 at the very smallest.
But we’re freakin slammed right now and trying to get things plucked away at in spare seconds of time I have.

That’s why I was wondering how hard I could push it to make sure I wasn’t gonna grenade it, till I can get the appropriate size ordered.
If the timing is retarded like I feel it is, that will also make the high boost numbers even worse.

Here's a good turbo part number. This is what we put on my brothers truck. 14969880000

It is a little on the small side for his truck, lights hard and fast though!

Here's a good turbo part number. This is what we put on my brothers truck. 14969880000

It is a little on the small side for his truck, lights hard and fast though!

That’s gonna be the 78/1.32
I’m afraid this one’s gonna need at least a 1.45 housing.
I think an 80/1.32 is over reaching.

Back