Nitrous for Spool Up?

bh10

Web Wrencher
Anybody running just an extremely small jet JUST for spool up on the staging lanes? If so, care to share any details? Does it work pretty good, any issues, ect.?

Anybody running just an extremely small jet JUST for spool up on the staging lanes? If so, care to share any details? Does it work pretty good, any issues, ect.?
You shouldn't be spoolin up in the STAGING LANES, you should be spoolin up on the Pre-Stage Bulb on the track.

Consider utilizing your purge line for Pre-Stage spoolin, why waste it into the atmosphere....

I had it for sled pulling a 50 shot--but you may want to start lower, cuz you don't want to be bustin the light if it's to much---bottom line is it will work, but you'll need to dial it in--I used a toggle switch to turn it on --chris

You shouldn't be spoolin up in the STAGING LANES, you should be spoolin up on the Pre-Stage Bulb on the track.

Consider utilizing your purge line for Pre-Stage spoolin, why waste it into the atmosphere....

Don't do that, if that were true and would work, why wouldn't million dollar race teams do it?

You will want something very small, super small! Start low and work your way up. Obviously you want total control of it and not purge residual. Of course too much nitrous and not enough fuel and boost it will snuff out the flame and good chance of a nitrous backfire. I use it on the red Dr. P race truck, activates by push of the trans brake, yes it works.

There's my 2 cents, take it as you wish.

Thats what Im meant.

As dumb as it sounds Im not wanting to use it down the track, just to help get the charges lit while at the lights. :tree:

Don't do that, if that were true and would work, why wouldn't million dollar race teams do it?

You will want something very small, super small! Start low and work your way up. Obviously you want total control of it and not purge residual. Of course too much nitrous and not enough fuel and boost it will snuff out the flame and good chance of a nitrous backfire. I use it on the red Dr. P race truck, activates by push of the trans brake, yes it works.

There's my 2 cents, take it as you wish.

Thank you, any chance you want to say what size jet you use.

I was thinking of something like NOS's sneeky pete system, but I really know nothing about no2.

Im not even sure if Im going to go that route, yet, just thinking ahead. As of a big shot of no2, no I dont have plans of running it unless these charges just cant clear the fuel, but that still wont be until next year.

Also, it might be nice for a real small shot for the street just to help get the charges lit, just incase I find the one fast truck and/or the zo6 that ate my lunch around here, b/c once they are lit there shouldnt be anything around thatll keep up until I run out of RPM.

Curious how this one turns out. I've thought about doing it to my truck so it's on to spool and ramps off by around 30psi. Don't need it on top.

I've had the same plan, just a 25-50hp shot so people don't get a jump on me. I like the looks of the NX kit that backs off when boosts climbs.

Gotta have a running truck first:kick::poke:

Yeahhhh. I'm NOT happy about that one right now... A few things that were supposed to be done are not. After 3 months in a machine shop... I may be delayed until next weekend now. I won't be forgetting this one.

Back on track!*nx*

Why not put a small nozzle on the purge line for spool up and use the actual system for a bigger nozzle to wake things up. Sometimes a little chemical intervention is a good thing.

Look into a full no2 system that uses a progressive controller. That way it will do what u program it for. It can slowly build psi so you don't blow the tires off and/or you can just add enough to aid in cooler running engine. of course you get the added effect of more HP. I know there is settings for small shots and purge as well.
Nitrous Outlet Nitrous Accessories will help you

I do this exact thing. I use the NX boost reference controller. I have it set to start coming on at 2 # of boost about 2% (with a .125 solenoid) works awesome, charger lit instantly. So much easier on your tranny, TC and everything.

Thank you, any chance you want to say what size jet you use.

I was thinking of something like NOS's sneeky pete system, but I really know nothing about no2.

Yeah its only a .025

As far as a progressive system, that'll be expensive for what your wanting to do. You just need a bottle, some lines, jets, a solenoid, and a momentary push button if your just wanting spoolability

If you are wanting to actually spray on the run, then the progressive system will be what you want. You can control the amount of nitrous through rpm or boost reference, and ramp it up and down, in and out however you want. You have so much control over it (if you know what doing) that you just run a pass through jet (.136) and never need to jet it down since you control flow and amount by a computer. It's legit!

What we do with our nitrous & progressive controllers:

Stab of the trans brake-shot of .025
Wide open throttle- 0-100% in .95 seconds with .136 jet
Release of trans brake- 0-100% in .95 seconds with .136 jet
2.50 seconds into 1/4 mile pass, water/meth is activated 0-100% in .50 seconds, also controlled with NX progressive controller.

A lot of info there, some needed, some not. But thats how we do it

We don't have that Southern Hospitality or Southern Courtesy up here in Yankee Land..... We have racers who jump the pre-stage bulbs on opponents and if that happens to me my finger will "purge" them big chargers lit......

Yep. Between a .035 and .050 jet depending on the humidity. Good for 300-500rpm bump on a GT42 with 1.10 ex-housing.

Back