Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Well fellas. I think ive found the holy grail.

Gotta be a zero missing from that price if it’s as awesome as Leiffi and Allan say.

I guess it depends on what the user wants. But from what I understand the shiny stuff can't be as thick it will flake and peel off. The off white (pure ceramic) stuff can be thicker and withstand higher heat and more heat cycles. I know people that have had the swaintech stuff on for years and years and it looks brand new.

If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

Your missing the point. If you don’t want it shiny it all lasts about the same. Mine started out like polished aluminum and after a lot of heat cycles it’s getting dull, which is how it started out before it’s vibratory polished. If you want the shiny look you have to deal with the work that’s involved.

Mine started like this.
46be8099ec875bf700cfc06a55f81390.jpg
3911c5426469133b1e74624d2d19bffd.jpg

The same coating NOT polished looks like this.
1e28e1a83160a64af0ceb2e39c0b60c8.jpg

Which is what mine will eventually revert back to unless I re-polish or blast it off and recoat

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong Allan I’m not saying Swaintech doesn’t do good work. I’m just saying if you want the bright finish it doesn’t matter who does it, it won’t hold up without work.

Gotta be a zero missing from that price if it’s as awesome as Leiffi and Allan say.

Your missing the point. If you don’t want it shiny it all lasts about the same. Mine started out like polished aluminum and after a lot of heat cycles it’s getting dull, which is how it started out before it’s vibratory polished. If you want the shiny look you have to deal with the work that’s involved.

Which is what mine will eventually revert back to unless I re-polish or blast it off and recoat

I wouldn’t mind the work as this is on my toy, not a work truck. It seems like every spring I’m painting and polishing something, might as well add one more thing to the list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well looks like I’m probably done with this job. Got my buttons pushed one too many times this morning.
Told the boss I was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don’t get me wrong Allan I’m not saying Swaintech doesn’t do good work. I’m just saying if you want the bright finish it doesn’t matter who does it, it won’t hold up without work.

Yeah I get your point. The coating that comes on the fulltilt manifold not only dulls but it rusts too. Not sure if it's cerakote or what. I think that's what has soured me on shiny coatings. I'm always function over form.

Back