Truckers, lets see your rigs!

No, its a gimmick, it is just a variable A/R housing, it works for people that don't understand what turbine housings they should be using.

Ok kw gurus, got an 07 w900 in the shop. Acert power. Most of the gages do not work. If I turn the key switch to accessory it will give me the mileage and hours, but if the key gets turned to on it goes blank. It us saying it has a 1939 fault. Swaping the cab controller does nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

No, its a gimmick, it is just a variable A/R housing, it works for people that don't understand what turbine housings they should be using.

I know it's a variable housing. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but not interested in strictly mechanical actuation.

To me it looks like a much less effective Garret style VGT. But more reliable.

Ok kw gurus, got an 07 w900 in the shop. Acert power. Most of the gages do not work. If I turn the key switch to accessory it will give me the mileage and hours, but if the key gets turned to on it goes blank. It us saying it has a 1939 fault. Swaping the cab controller does nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Can you connect to the engine through the dash plug? And if so is it connecting over J1939 or ATA?

Connects thru ET and JPro to the engine fine. Says 1939 not responding. Assuming its just goin thru Ata. Its got a chit ton of abs faults too. Not sure if its related

Last edited:
Connects thru ET and JPro to the engine fine. Says 1939 not responding. Assuming its just goin thru Ata. Its got a chit ton of abs faults too. Not sure if its related

I bet you have a broken datalink wire between firewall and engine. Just fixed one on a 389 for the same issue, truck had to leave so we just ran a new one. It’s either one of the 2 J1939 or the 2 J1587 wires.

Almost forgot had a 379 do the same thing and it ended up being a bad ecm. Works great on an older J1708 truck.

Last edited:
Pics and chit...
0d5caaea725e455ff1edafae4f54f218.jpg

493dd1696836d0e85ec7b896fdb34071.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bet you have a broken datalink wire between firewall and engine. Just fixed one on a 389 for the same issue, truck had to leave so we just ran a new one. It’s either one of the 2 J1939 or the 2 J1587 wires.

Almost forgot had a 379 do the same thing and it ended up being a bad ecm. Works great on an older J1708 truck.

True. Come to think of it i had that issue on an mbn a while ago

The mud wasn’t the half of that phuckin place.
569068aa96d0bf8852825c30ddf20000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eww seeing that muddy driveway makes my eye twitch. Clean concrete is the only way to fly.

My dad got into a new shop shortly before Christmas. The driveway is a mess. Its full of pot holes and I'm not sure there is any gravel left, its all just fine dust. I asked him how long he was going to be able to deal with it being a mud hole. He said, "Ah it wont bother me, at least I have a shop inside."

The ground is starting to thaw some and it seems like it has been raining here for the past 3 weeks. He finally said, "I cant deal with this driveway. This place is a chit hole!"

Back