Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I want to see a 700hp 2250 I think that engine has potential as soon as it's not eating its own sh!t.

Just west of columbus. Yea I've done everything I can to help it. Didn't qualify for the barrel/plunger campaign so I just paid out of pocket. Gay Cummins decided to just put a screen in the bypass Instead of replacing them all. Less than $300 in parts and easy to change.

A 2350 with twins did around 900hp. Not sure how long until the crank is tangled up with the front axle but fun either way.

Where at around west side. I am in hilliard. What do You mean a screen in the bypass?
40mi west of Hilliard. Before they had the bypass valve campaign, a guy at your shop said they were coming out with an update to the filter head or something to help catch the particles that are destroying the HP fuel pump. I see now it's just a new relief valve. At the time I was picking up plungers/barrels from you guys because no one else had any in stock and they didn't have any details on this latest Band-Aid from Cummins.

I can't argue with that stuff. I feel the same Way. I think for an engine company we should set our bar a bit higher. The thing that sucks is I think
Our people pride themselves as being better than the rest currently. Rather than being the best they can be. I know these engines are rushed into production With all the emissions stuff and that causes them to not be as good as possible.
The cam and followers is typically a oil/ filtration problem. Recently we released a better oil bypass valve to combat this.
Also where are you located. I want to see a 700hp 2250 I think that engine has potential as soon as it's not eating its own sh!t.
The problem is that AREN'T better than the rest. I know of more than one company that switched to freightliner and western star so they could run detroit. That's a bad sign if a fleet will quit buying a brand they've used for 50 years

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The problem is that AREN'T better than the rest. I know of more than one company that switched to freightliner and western star so they could run detroit. That's a bad sign if a fleet will quit buying a brand they've used for 50 years

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It's sad really because the Western Stars and Freightshakers aren't THAT bad new, they just don't hold up too well long term. What happened to the days when you could get just about any brand engine in any brand truck? And not have to buy a certain brand just to get the engine you want, or be punished with a horrible engine for picking the truck you want. It's like having to buy a Dodge just to get the Cummins when what you really want is a Ford with a Cummins.

It's sad really because the Western Stars and Freightshakers aren't THAT bad new, they just don't hold up too well long term. What happened to the days when you could get just about any brand engine in any brand truck? And not have to buy a certain brand just to get the engine you want, or be punished with a horrible engine for picking the truck you want. It's like having to buy a Dodge just to get the Cummins when what you really want is a Ford with a Cummins.
You still can if you order a glider. IH was so drunk on the Kool-Aid they stopped offering Cummins for a while and forced everyone to buy a Maxxforce. That worked out so well they now offer Cummins in the Medium duty's that they have never done before.

80bd4ab5076a51768120a99b79960556.jpg

42b50852f2337dfcbac4e26f6cf348e9.jpg

You still can if you order a glider. IH was so drunk on the Kool-Aid they stopped offering Cummins for a while and forced everyone to buy a Maxxforce. That worked out so well they now offer Cummins in the Medium duty's that they have never done before.

The kool-aid was definitely spiked with a hallucinogenic drug of some sorts. The local international dealer here actually refused to quote a fleet of them to the owner at my previous job several years ago. They were packed to the gills with repairs and had no faith in them. Pretty sad when a dealer won't even quote them LOL

You can't do that to a glider here unless you have an old truck an vin an power plant from it other wise your putting in a new emission packed motor

You can't do that to a glider here unless you have an old truck an vin an power plant from it other wise your putting in a new emission packed motor

Your glider place isn't very good if they won't take your title on trade and sell you an older title to get you what you want.

Maybe that's possible I haven't went the route of a glider. Just know that's what the law is and a company here just went through it. Personally I would do again what I just did. Buy an older truck and tear it apart and rebuild it. The company that did the glider was into that truck for over the price of new

Not sure who told you that but it's BS. Having built 5 of them and have 2 more on the way you can do whatever you want as long as you have paperwork on the engine and trans. Doesn't matter where it came from, now the only thing they may come back on someone for is the FET tax if you didn't use one of your existing trucks for the donor parts.

Friend has sold several truckloads of salvage Detroits to Fitzgerald. It's not like Fitzgerald is physically pulling each one and saving the title of the truck they came out of to get the glider titled.

Not sure who told you that but it's BS. Having built 5 of them and have 2 more on the way you can do whatever you want as long as you have paperwork on the engine and trans. Doesn't matter where it came from, now the only thing they may come back on someone for is the FET tax if you didn't use one of your existing trucks for the donor parts.

Friend has sold several truckloads of salvage Detroits to Fitzgerald. It's not like Fitzgerald is physically pulling each one and saving the title of the truck they came out of to get the glider titled.

I think he meant to put an older powertrain in a glider. Which is true. You cannot go backwards in engine model. FET is a whole new headache. When we would sell glider kits to concrete guys it was a nightmare. They would order rebuilt components and we would get the truck built. Once their truck was done we got their old components. No lapse in service that way. That being said it is difficult to explain to the IRS how that works.

Careful with fitzgerald. Many have great luck with them but we had one bad experience selling them core 60 series. They took a load in, called a week later, told us most of them were bad and needed new cranks and such. We just told them to send them back to us. They returned them with parts that did not match the engines. We stamp our parts to make sure funny things do not happen. They cam back with different cranks, cams, etc.. Chalked it up as a lesson learned. If we sell them anything we get it COD and not Net 30 anymore.

For whatever reason my superiors think that the 2/3rds can't be invoiced within 180 days prior of the glider unless a title/Vin is available. They have a group of engines purchased and waiting on the time frame to expire to install them.

I can ask where that info came from.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I think he meant to put an older powertrain in a glider. Which is true. You cannot go backwards in engine model. FET is a whole new headache. When we would sell glider kits to concrete guys it was a nightmare. They would order rebuilt components and we would get the truck built. Once their truck was done we got their old components. No lapse in service that way. That being said it is difficult to explain to the IRS how that works.

Careful with fitzgerald. Many have great luck with them but we had one bad experience selling them core 60 series. They took a load in, called a week later, told us most of them were bad and needed new cranks and such. We just told them to send them back to us. They returned them with parts that did not match the engines. We stamp our parts to make sure funny things do not happen. They cam back with different cranks, cams, etc.. Chalked it up as a lesson learned. If we sell them anything we get it COD and not Net 30 anymore.

Not sure what you mean "you can't go back in engine model". With KW/Pete you have the option under Cat for as old as a 2004 engine (70pin). Another shop here just got done with a 389 with a 5Ek which was 1995 engine.

I'm not a Fitzgerald fan, there is a reason they have stickers on the engines that you have to call them before doing any work on the motor. You may not always get what they told you you got. One load of motors never got delivered because they were slow to pay their bills.

The FET should be easy to avoid. I think the rule is the glider can't cost more than 75% of a new truck. Anyone that owns more than one truck should be able to push some of the cost on another truck. Tractor pullers have done it for years. Amazing how certain farm tractors cost 1000 times more to operate than the others on the same farm. :hehe:

Not sure what you mean "you can't go back in engine model". With KW/Pete you have the option under Cat for as old as a 2004 engine (70pin). Another shop here just got done with a 389 with a 5Ek which was 1995 engine.

I'm not a Fitzgerald fan, there is a reason they have stickers on the engines that you have to call them before doing any work on the motor. You may not always get what they told you you got. One load of motors never got delivered because they were slow to pay their bills.

The FET should be easy to avoid. I think the rule is the glider can't cost more than 75% of a new truck. Anyone that owns more than one truck should be able to push some of the cost on another truck. Tractor pullers have done it for years. Amazing how certain farm tractors cost 1000 times more to operate than the others on the same farm. :hehe:

The way I understand it is you can't buy a glider "legally" without proof of a vin that your scrubbing to use the drivetrain in the glider. That way the only way you can use and old engine in a glider is by having a title to a vin with said motor or one with the same emission bs you are planning on dropping into the truck. This is in Canada. If your caught driving a truck with improper emissions on it you will be find heavily here now and so will the inspection station that did your last a safety with a 1 yr grace period from when the law was introduced. You can't ( at least here) just stroll down to kW and buy a glider without proof of what will be powering it.

Isn't it funny that 70 pin happens to include the 1mm, 2ws, 6nz, and 7cz.

Isn't it funny that 70 pin happens to include the 1mm, 2ws, 6nz, and 7cz.
I'm confused by this. Adem 3's are on all kinds of single turbo engines.

BRE there may be a way around, but the 40 pin ECM requires an adapter chipset to enable J1939 for the glider cabs.

That alone and ridding myself of a fuel (heated) ECM is enough to nod a 2ws.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Back