Affordable cast rods?

SPEEDSHIFT

So i have seen some talk about Hamilton and Wagler coming out with some more affordable cast rods? Anyone have some information on these? Power rating? Price? Release date?

What's affordable mean? What kind of money will affordable be when the affordable rod breaks and the builder gets trashed? Not being an azz but it seems as if these days, and not saying the guys on this thread, there is too much blame in the performance world. It's performance. Anything can go wrong

What's affordable mean? What kind of money will affordable be when the affordable rod breaks and the builder gets trashed? Not being an azz but it seems as if these days, and not saying the guys on this thread, there is too much blame in the performance world. It's performance. Anything can go wrong

Personally, I dont need a rod rated up to 3000hp as I will probably never make over 1500. Right now our two options are the best money can buy and stock... something in between where 90% of people are, is a good idea in my opinion.

Personally, I dont need a rod rated up to 3000hp as I will probably never make over 1500. Right now our two options are the best money can buy and stock... something in between where 90% of people are, is a good idea in my opinion.

I believe there are many enthusiasts out there that want something better than stock, but don't feel that they need the same Rods Miller and the other UCC competitors are running so they will be happy with an alternative to stock that is an improvement without paying $3000 or more for a set of competition rods...

Same goes for Crankshafts for Duramax engines...

That is why Callies, Wagler and others are offering products aimed at the 700-1000 HP market that cost less than the full blown race/competition parts but offer performance improvements over stock!:rockwoot:

I am glad they are doing it... It will make the way for more guys to make good power and have fun with diesel stuff. And when they want to push power levels higher, the parts to do it are already available...

Why are there only 2 options, being the best or stock? There's no less than 5 brands of aftermarket rods available in a price range of $1900-4000. Apex Diesel rods or the standard style Carrillo appear to fit the bill and are in the ~$2k range. Less money would be 12v "treated" rods for about half the cost, but at higher risk of failure.

Personally, if I'm planning to make 1500hp, I definitely don't want to cheap out on parts that are going to hold it together, you'll just be doing it again from scratch

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Why are there only 2 options, being the best or stock? There's no less than 5 brands of aftermarket rods available in a price range of $1900-4000. Apex Diesel rods or the standard style Carrillo appear to fit the bill and are in the ~$2k range. Less money would be 12v "treated" rods for about half the cost, but at higher risk of failure.

Personally, if I'm planning to make 1500hp, I definitely don't want to cheap out on parts that are going to hold it together, you'll just be doing it again from scratch

This is where I was going!!
If you could purchase a set of rods, not cast obviously, that was $1500 or so, would you be willing to take 1000000% of the responsibility of saying, I'm going to try them accepting what may happen?
Guys rate their product by hp? Bs. It's marketing. Truthfully, they don't know from Adam what they will hold. Only the situation of what it held.

Personally I couldn't squeeze billet rods into the budget for my Engine rebuild. But since it's my DD and under 1k HP, I went with a set of forged England rods, peened and polished... Should be sufficient.
But that being said, I know Hamilton posted here a few months back that they were producing their own line if billet rods, and that "The days of paying over $2k for billet rods will soon be over"... If that happens, I can budget 2k.

All the rods I had seen are $2500+ (I didn't know those Apex rods existed). The point of this thread is to get more information on these rods that are supposed to come out, and see if they will fit my needs or not.

I dont know what they are rated for, how they are made, or what they will cost.

All the rods I had seen are $2500+ (I didn't know those Apex rods existed). The point of this thread is to get more information on these rods that are supposed to come out, and see if they will fit my needs or not.

I dont know what they are rated for, how they are made, or what they will cost.

Sledpuller21 on here you can PM and he can give you all the info you need.

They used to use R&R in their pull trucks until they released their own. Definitely the ones I'd go with as they're solid pieces without a doubt.

This is where I was going!!
If you could purchase a set of rods, not cast obviously, that was $1500 or so, would you be willing to take 1000000% of the responsibility of saying, I'm going to try them accepting what may happen?
Guys rate their product by hp? Bs. It's marketing. Truthfully, they don't know from Adam what they will hold. Only the situation of what it held.

I dont expect a warranty with any performance part, where did you come up with that from me asking for more information on a new set of connecting rods?

This is a non-issue in this thread.

Depending on what rod length you require on your build. Look no further than APEX Diesel's rods. Lifetime warranty included. Give Dustin a call.

I got my Waglers for $2200 new on their scratch n dent cause of "Imperfections" of which I could find none. The deals are out there. Don't skimp on rods.

Back