Affordable cast rods?

What exactly does a lifetime warranty rod offer? Just curious on this. I cannot see them covering an engine failure in any shape or form.

What exactly does a lifetime warranty rod offer? Just curious on this. I cannot see them covering an engine failure in any shape or form.

My guess would be they will give you a replacement rod for a broken rod... you would eat the cost of a new block and build on your own...

Just a GUESS, I have never heard of Apex rods or a lifetime warranty on ANY rods!!!:Cheer:

I called Hamilton and Wagler, both say they are looking into developing a cheaper rod for the Cummins platform but havent taken any real action to pursue it... So, whos got the good deals on billet rods? :kick:

I called Hamilton and Wagler, both say they are looking into developing a cheaper rod for the Cummins platform but havent taken any real action to pursue it... So, whos got the good deals on billet rods? :kick:

Honestly it's a margins game.

There's still tons of folks, especially 6.7 guys willing to pay the nearly 3k so that leaves very little incentive to bring new ones to market....

Largely just a market manipulation tactic.

APEX was going to get my money when I was considering turning it up from its current state....

Still will when and if I I have interest to do more.

They're good enough for them to ditch their R&R rods and send then down the track, and they're incredibly easy to talk/ deal with.

Didn’t apex just take over making the same rods R&R used to? Pretty sure I read that here.

But honestly, $1800-2200 for carillos, less than $1000 for worked 12v Rods, or $1200 for the new kid on the block?

May be a tough sell.
Seems like another head stud dilemma (this is coming from someone who bought studs from extreme. Now I’m scared ****less I’ll end up having to buy arp anyways).

Ah. Ok... Well, if anyone has a set, I'm looking !

I’ve talked a little bit with one of the apex guys at the sled pulls around here, really nice and knowledgeable fellas.

R&R was bought by Wagler... So there is no more R&R unless they are used. Wagler bought all the tooling and existing stock.

Back