"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

The rule almost needs to read like S300 or small frame chargers must meet the inducer limit of 2.6, while the mid frame (S400, GT4X) stuff needs to be teched for an exducer limit as well. If you don't want to pull your charger apart every hook, stay with a smaller frame, if you wanna run the big boy stuff, then make sure its compliant and be ready to pull the compressor cover for tech.

Again it all comes down to tech tho.

Hell yes! I'd be all over that. Maybe go ahead and say 2k... But this is a hell of an idea!

Good luck getting anybody else to go for it though.

The price that you set would limit what everyone spends on when they put a turbo on their truck. If the price it $1500 then only a fool would put a $2000 charger on his truck. One hook and he just lost $500. Everyone would be running $1500 turbos, that would be the budget for the class. Everyone coming into the class would know to only spend $1500 on a turbo.

The price that you set would limit what everyone spends on when they put a turbo on their truck. If the price it $1500 then only a fool would put a $2000 charger on his truck. One hook and he just lost $500. Everyone would be running $1500 turbos, that would be the budget for the class. Everyone coming into the class would know to only spend $1500 on a turbo.

Yeah... I agree. It's just kinda rough to buy even a HTT or Industrial (or whatever) off the shelf 66mm NEW charger for 1500.

Claimer rule won't work either. It's simple, you don't control the turbine wheel size, you don't control anything.

There will always be the ones who spends money to have large stuff put in a small frame charger and own multiple chargers built on the same frame and switch chargers out between hooks just keep everyone guessing. I've seen this happen on tractors before and the trucks are in high speed pursuit. The claimers will end up disappointed in the end.

I like the protrusion rule as it still allows a lot of freedom in charger selection.
I am not 100% sure what happens in the tractor classes, one issue with locking down the turbo too much is we have lots of variety
I6 and V8
5.9-7.3
Mechanical and electrical
and the biggest factor is Automatic and manuals.

I didn't think about non-gated options... Which I guess an internal gate wouldn't matter to most.

NTPA doesn't seem to have a problem doing it. Turbo and Clutch Inspectors | Member & Tech Services

I don't know enough about NTPA to say what they are proficient at or not, but I'd assume their teching of turbine wheels if they do it is on a tractor application... Much easier to do with the tractor than a truck.

While your along the right lines look at the money the folks have if they pull NTPA, it won't happen with your local organizations.

More than likely your not gonna see the 2.6 class evolve into an NTPA style class, now possibly 3.0 or higher yes. 2.6, be like the local hot farm tractor classes.

If all pulling organizations, not dependant on location, would abide by the same class rules, it would work. But this would mean that the sled pulling guys would have to agree on something, good luck with that. It would be nice to go to a local pull, use a national set of rules, and have the points account for something on that level.

I posted this before in turbos section. Not to many posts on it there!

Trying to find out any info. on the guys that run say a bigger then 3.0 wheel and clipping it to fit a 3" cover. OR 2.8 cover. There are no rules that apply to actual size of compressor inducer and exducer measurements like there are in NHRA or other turbo classes. Why can guys run these huge turbos and change map groove around and make "cheater" turbos that passes a slug test but not any where close to the spec "size" of a 3.0 class or 2.8 class. Any dyno #'s with a true 3.0 to a cheater turbo? OR 2.8? This seems like a huge advantage over a guy that is actually running the correct size for his class when no one is teching the actual specs on the wheel itself. Any thoughts or info here??

Simple,make a rule that states compressor inducer size ?? MM and exducer size ??MM . Tech the top 5 trucks after pull and if they don't meet specs DQ them. Simple answer to me!

If all pulling organizations, not dependant on location, would abide by the same class rules, it would work. But this would mean that the sled pulling guys would have to agree on something, good luck with that. It would be nice to go to a local pull, use a national set of rules, and have the points account for something on that level.

This concept alone would be awesome...
No matter what the final rules looked like.

I think i recognize the thread title. LOL The only difference in the stepped covers, contoured wheels, clipped wheel and bushings is who pockets get lined. A box stock s475 for 700$ will hold its own against the 2000$ or more chargers. it helps even out the playing field.

And for the guys that say spend the money or shut up, FUK U! Not all of us g-ot lucky enough in life to have the luxury that you do. We spend what we can. I dont care who you are or how great you think you are. What are you scared of anyway? Whats wroong with me having the samme turbo you have for less than half the price? I think its B.S. that you would downgrade people for not having what you have.

Tim

I think i recognize the thread title. LOL The only difference in the stepped covers, contoured wheels, clipped wheel and bushings is who pockets get lined. A box stock s475 for 700$ will hold its own against the 2000$ or more chargers. it helps even out the playing field.

And for the guys that say spend the money or shut up, FUK U! Not all of us g-ot lucky enough in life to have the luxury that you do. We spend what we can. I dont care who you are or how great you think you are. What are you scared of anyway? Whats wroong with me having the samme turbo you have for less than half the price? I think its B.S. that you would downgrade people for not having what you have.

Tim

:clap: :thankyou2:

Back