"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

The easiest way this:

"Any puller can buy any other pullers turbo up to 2 hours the class is finished pulling at each event, for the set price of $1500."

What's funny is the guys that will jump all over this and buy the top guys turbo. Then they slap the turbo on and realize that there is more to a good setup than the turbo. :pop:

Even funnier would be guys that buy and run a $600 turbo and week and week get it bought after the pull for $1500 LOL

A box stock s475 for 700$ will hold its own against the 2000$ or more chargers.

Now if you are just saying let everyone run a S475 and bush it to the 2.6 class, then yes I bet the box s475 will hold its own. But you can't do that with current protrusion rules.

Originally Posted by Smokem
If all pulling organizations, not dependant on location, would abide by the same class rules, it would work. But this would mean that the sled pulling guys would have to agree on something, good luck with that. It would be nice to go to a local pull, use a national set of rules, and have the points account for something on that level.
This concept alone would be awesome...
No matter what the final rules looked like.

I tried that once and basically got told to piss into the wind as I would have a better chance of getting something accomplished.

Nobody wants to bend on their rules for fear of what it would like like to others (ie. if they are willing to change their rules, their rules weren't right to begin with).

I think it's all BS and if one set of rules were adopted and enforced it would not only help the sport grow, but also help attendance and put $$ in people's pockets. The problem is "specialty" shops who market "gray area products" or "custom" products will lose out the money they are used to and will lobby against it and influence many of those in charge. If they were smart and actually a good shop and have knowledgeable staff, they would learn to make money on the new rules, but it would take some initiative and effort (many shops are not willing to do this).

Again, never happen as there are too many Bi+che$ truck pulling. :soap:

I tried that once and basically got told to piss into the wind as I would have a better chance of getting something accomplished.

Nobody wants to bend on their rules for fear of what it would like like to others (ie. if they are willing to change their rules, their rules weren't right to begin with).

I think it's all BS and if one set of rules were adopted and enforced it would not only help the sport grow, but also help attendance and put $$ in people's pockets. The problem is "specialty" shops who market "gray area products" or "custom" products will lose out the money they are used to and will lobby against it and influence many of those in charge. If they were smart and actually a good shop and have knowledgeable staff, they would learn to make money on the new rules, but it would take some initiative and effort (many shops are not willing to do this).

Again, never happen as there are too many Bi+che$ truck pulling. :soap:

I agree, maybe not this year, but soon it will head in the right direction. If it is to work, egos need to be dropped for a greater cause.

The 11-blade compressors will start popping up soon, good luck with a box unit after that.

There is no reason that someone can't say you must run a box unit. It might very well end up with that happening also.

While the extra 10-15% more CFM will be nice, it comes back to put that super dooper turbo on a non ported engine, and put the box stock unit on a ported engine, and watch the box stock/ported engine walk away from the super dooper turbo.

I think i recognize the thread title. LOL The only difference in the stepped covers, contoured wheels, clipped wheel and bushings is who pockets get lined. A box stock s475 for 700$ will hold its own against the 2000$ or more chargers. it helps even out the playing field.

And for the guys that say spend the money or shut up, FUK U! Not all of us g-ot lucky enough in life to have the luxury that you do. We spend what we can. I dont care who you are or how great you think you are. What are you scared of anyway? Whats wroong with me having the samme turbo you have for less than half the price? I think its B.S. that you would downgrade people for not having what you have.

Tim

If you check around, a $2000 turbo is nothing as far as cost in a competitive truck. Most of the top trucks have more than 2-3 times that in just the headwork on the truck.
It still comes back to those with the most money will have the biggest advantage.

Before you trash someone with money, and assume it was luck, you might want to know the background of that person.

Perhaps that person never owned a car until they were a junior in college, and spent 4 years studying(not partying) at a school worked while in college, then spent the next 5 years repaying student loans. Then further more spent the next 5 years busting tail working every bit of OT they could getting calls in the middle of the night that were for work. They might even continue to drive a salvage title car with 188,000 miles on it.
Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Right.

Claimer rule won't work either. It's simple, you don't control the turbine wheel size, you don't control anything.

I agree.
Why not a wheel size rule? Period.
The inducer rule is silly. Hell it's like the rule is written to allow Grey area. Duh. "Lets put a race cover on this here HX82".
2.6 class turbo: Must be no more than 2.6" on compressor inducer and x.xx" on comp. exducer.
Why is it not feasible to pull a comp. housing and measure the wheel?
If that simple possibility was written in the rule book, I'm sure you'd have alot more correct sized turbos in the class.
I've seen this done at the tractor pulls in the "super farm" class . Or would that be too difficult?

There is no reason that someone can't say you must run a box unit. It might very well end up with that happening also.

While the extra 10-15% more CFM will be nice, it comes back to put that super dooper turbo on a non ported engine, and put the box stock unit on a ported engine, and watch the box stock/ported engine walk away from the super dooper turbo.

I can agree with this, but again, at the top the best charger will win.

Kevin you are just salty all that toothless WV ford mechanic'in wouldn't cut the mustard, then you went 12v and still couldent LOL.
Brandon

Pulling is an expensive sport, stop *****in and spend money if you want to win. No matter what rule you make there will be guys spending insane amounts of money to stay at the top. Rules made to make pulling more affordable is retarded.

Yes!!!!!!!!!
Brandon

I can agree with this, but again, at the top the best charger will win.

Yea I know what your saying, and I understand what Tim is saying.

It is the society we live in, money is power, can folks get by with less money? Sure can.....

Also just cause you dump a crap load of money in your truck doesn't mean it will run good either. Don't ask me how I know!

I don't care if it cuts it or not. Maybe some people that keep dumping money in their trucks will realize it's a bottomless pit. The 2.6 class has gone way too far. There is no place left at the bottom. LOL

I agree, maybe not this year, but soon it will head in the right direction. If it is to work, egos need to be dropped for a greater cause.

Lol, dropped for the greater cause? I don't see it happening, we have folks that try to squeeze a 2.8 in a 2.6 class, 2.6 in workstock, run nitrous, etc, etc.

A lot of those same folks right the rules for the local classes, or influence the ones who do. I don't think nobility will prevail.

I am not saying it doesn't need to happen, just don't see it.

It takes big money to run the NTPA, PPL, LUCAS etc. Most of what we do around here is local stuff with a few large national events.

Most of the locals will continue to right the rules around what the group of pullers around them run.

IndianaTPA they run 2.8, cause they like to run it
IllinoisTPA they run 3.0, etc, etc.

Now as the national associations adopt rules the locals might change, or they might not. Just like someone said alot of the 2.6 KY trucks won't come to scheid because their turbos don't fit the scheid rules.

Back