6.7 block variants

Please don't insult my intelligence.....but if you must go there....anyone who uses an AGCO insignia as their avatar has a lot to learn, for G-d's sake they aren't even American owned anymore, and secondly why in the 'ell would you let a Frenchman design the friggin' engines your putting in all your equipment. As far as loading a trailer, Son I've hauled more tons of corn and beef in my short little life than you WILL EVER SEE. So don't tell me how to load a trailer or if I do or don't need more ballast. I've never been in a situation where I had too much power, but I have needed more ballast and traction to match that horsepower. As far as the industrial engines you're refering to...No that is not what I was looking at. AGCO isn't the only company that uses the block/engine/pan as the frame on their ag tractors. I won't reveal what color of paint I bleed. But I know exactly what you are refering to. And my appreciation goes out to Mr. Nixon. He is very helpful and always a gentleman. Thank you again.

First things first, get your facts straight.
AGCO has been american owned since 1990 when the founding members bought the company back from KHD....obviously, they do have foreign stockholders, as does any large company. I'd say let the facts do the talking, but I'm sure you've gotten yours from a lot more reliable source than 20 years experience in the agriculture business, and knowing the men personally who built a $10 Billion corporation. Men like Jim Seaver, John Shumejda, Bob Ratliff, and Dennis Heinecke. Also, if you think that every product made by other companies is entirely American made then you in fact, do have a lot to learn...

A frenchman didn't design the engines we use, the were designed in Finland by SisuDiesel/AGCO Power. We do have quite a few french designed parts I'm sure, which is why our tractors have always driven a little faster in reverse than forward.

As for the dick measuring contest where you think you've hauled more than I'll ever see, OK...good luck with that. I don't care. What I stated were pretty much facts, that if you need more "ballast" when towing, then something is wrong...you should have weight on the tow vehicle when towing.

I'm also well aware that AGCO isn't the only company using structural blocks, but they were the only one using a VE 6.7L Cummins to my knowledge, as CNH used their IVECO version with electronic and CR pumps.

I don't much care what color you bleed, AGCO has been a great company to deal with for my family, and we have had products that have allowed us to satisfy many of our customers needs...if yours do the same, more power to you.

Now, as for your intelligence, you haven't been around here long enough for me to insult that, but stick around, and see if you can learn something from these folks.

Chris

Last edited:
Douch hunter

I'd like for "da douche hunter" to get some testicles, get out of his little hiding place behind his computer in O-HI-O, head west, cross a couple of rivers and come to Nebraska and we'll have alittle chat about who gets smacked w/ his little weewee out. I wonder what is his weird little fetish about referring to anything or anyone that disagrees w/ him is addressed as "douche"? I feel for him if he was abused as a child or was lacking in his childhood family life. But if he is just a regular ol' jerk then I would be more than willing to "chat" w/ him about his socially deviant attitude. I was simply wanting more information on a couple of Cummins engines that I had no experience with. But when I try to explain my situation EVERYONE has an "expert opinion" on me and what I do or don't do. Lord help all the haters out there.

I've seen it happen numerous times, tough guy. The men from this forum usually win. What's your physical address? Someone might show up at your doorstep, wanting to teach you a few things. Respect isn't given, it's earned, and our members are a smart bunch.

Lol
ddbb2a23561a9fe0bb4e5017f813780f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well looky there, its another loud mouth from TX talking about how smart he is......stereotypes are real aren't they Wunderwood? Too bad you couldn't find a better pic of your Momma to use for your avatar. Please explain to me what YOU have done to "earn" so much respect? & if you are feeling so tough, you are more than welcome to come on up, I'll wait.

That's the thing about respect, those who earn respect don't have to explain why or how they earned it. Some here have earned it, you sir, have not. Furthermore, the first person talking about wanting physical violence is generally a douche, so I must agree with the assessment that you are in fact a douche.

:umno:

You would need a whole block to convert them. They just are not useful in a pickup. If you think doubling the weight of an engine "to add ballast" when towing is useful, you have a lot to learn bud.

If your truck squats that bad pulling a load, you either need to learn to load a trailer, or more truck...because I can gross 48K lbs with my truck and 35' trailer and not squat the truck...

These rear gear train engines were built to be THE FRAME of a tractor...I think the oil pan alone weighs 450lbs. The oil pump is made into the front cover, as that is all that is on the front of the engine, other than the dampener pulley. Cam drives from the back, as does the pump, and the crank has been lengthened at the back to accommodate everything else back there. They were built for tractors and industrial machinery as a whole different design...the structural block and rear geartrain allows tractors to turn tighter, and I would venture to say it makes things much easier to package in industrial machinery.

Mark, I haven't seen a CR version as we never used them...but the AG version of the B6.7L VE is most definitely not the same block with a different crank thrown in it. The block is cast much differently.

Chris
The non ag industrial versions can be converted with little to no work. 6.7s from buses, small freightliners and f650-750, some marine and gen set applications work. Only the crank and cam need changed to be used for front gear train. Or everything can be left and use the sae 2 bellhousing and any readily available industrial automatic Trans.

Thank you.

The non ag industrial versions can be converted with little to no work. 6.7s from buses, small freightliners and f650-750, some marine and gen set applications work. Only the crank and cam need changed to be used for front gear train. Or everything can be left and use the sae 2 bellhousing and any readily available industrial automatic Trans.

Thank you sled puller. This answers my question. I certainly do appreciate your insight and help.

Good info...Completely different from the AG versions.

Chris

As for the dick measuring contest where you think you've hauled more than I'll ever see, OK...good luck with that. I don't care. What I stated were pretty much facts, that if you need more "ballast" when towing, then something is wrong...you should have weight on the tow vehicle when towing.

You mean you guys don't fill your steer tires with calcium for added ballast? That's how the "professionals" from Nebraska do it. You have a lot to learn.

You mean you guys don't fill your steer tires with calcium for added ballast? That's how the "professionals" from Nebraska do it. You have a lot to learn.

All jokes aside, I've wondered if this would work for pulling trucks. It would be heavier obviously, but it should allow you to run a lower tire pressure, since the calcium won't compress, and should result in losing less drawbar height once hooked to the sled trying to squat the rear tires.

If I pulled trucks I would have tried it by now.

All jokes aside, I've wondered if this would work for pulling trucks. It would be heavier obviously, but it should allow you to run a lower tire pressure, since the calcium won't compress, and should result in losing less drawbar height once hooked to the sled trying to squat the rear tires.

If I pulled trucks I would have tried it by now.

Would beat your brains out. Road gear on a tractor is almost too fast

Would beat your brains out. Road gear on a tractor is almost too fast

To clarify I meant for dedicated sled pulling trucks. It may still beat your brains out, I'm not sure.

I've also wondered about filling them with a lightweight solid. Balance beads, ect. Just something to reduce the air volume used.

To clarify I meant for dedicated sled pulling trucks. It may still beat your brains out, I'm not sure.

I've also wondered about filling them with a lightweight solid. Balance beads, ect. Just something to reduce the air volume used.

The wheel speed is too fast

Not real sure what you would know about tractors and stuff like that.

Apparently not chit next to corn and beef hauler...he's probably drove more tractors than I've ever seen too...bif

The wheel speed is too fast

I wonder what the difference in wheel speed between a newer tractor at 30MPH with the larger tire would be versus the smaller truck tire at pulling speeds? What wheel speed do the pullers shoot for, 60mph?

Chris

Back