Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Who actually makes good flatbeds? The fontaine lowbeds where I used to work were always good. Is it the manufacturer or are these leftover fleet wagons that arent spec'd right?

I used to gross out around 115k with one of these. Felt like it was all over the place though.

The old Fontaine Ultra’s were good but heavy. Really depends on what your doing with them. General freight they all do their jobs, it’s the concentrated loads that separates the brands. Had a Benson, that was a pos even with just pallets of salt or roofing. Had several East Beast’s and they were ok but even my doubles had to be strapped to not sag which is bad for 28’ trailers. Had an East MMX which was better but would sag at the Dolly’s. Had Wilson aluminum and combos and were good for general freight, tried hauling coils with one and it didn’t look good. Reitnouer went to hell too, too focused on light weight and cutting strength. Guys having the kingpin plates bending up because they’re isn’t anything above them. Followed one around an entrance ramp last Friday with 80k on the deck and it leaned and never came back. Followed him for 50mi and it leaned like a sinking ship. Pretty much leaves Mac, they used to be the top dog custom trailer builder but have gotten too big and are starting to go the way of the others now. Still the only company to offer one rated for 80k in 4’ with 2 axles and 100k in 4’ with 5 or more. , East and Reitnouer are only 72k and most others are 65-50k.

What happens when guys want light weight vs strength.

1b87f3caed29fd1e96e2600b90498594.jpg
1bd9359536703f54b6a77342e4f08bf2.jpg

Most of my statement wasn’t in regards to coil hauling obviously. My was more of a “general freight” answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mac, Reitnouer, Wilson

Wilson Roadbrute is the worst trailer I ever pulled. I'm take a Benson over a Wilson. Reitnour's are bolted together piles of cracks waiting to happen. Mac, East, and Fontaine in that order. Ravens used to be good, I've pulled a 1995 year model that had never been welded on. Didn't have any cracks either.

Wilson Roadbrute is the worst trailer I ever pulled. I'm take a Benson over a Wilson. Reitnour's are bolted together piles of cracks waiting to happen. Mac, East, and Fontaine in that order. Ravens used to be good, I've pulled a 1995 year model that had never been welded on. Didn't have any cracks either.

Try a TransCrack, TrashCan or I mean Transcraft once.

We have a variety.. our new SD/DD/RGN trailers are XL have a few manac steel/combo/aluminum..
As to which last best? Idk I don't drag them.

More of my experience is with steps... that reitnour I pulled was a nice trailer, or at least I thought so. It was a big bubba package though.

More of my experience is with steps... that reitnour I pulled was a nice trailer, or at least I thought so. It was a big bubba package though.

Reitnouer doesn’t trust their bolt together design enough to make an aluminum neck on a step or an aluminum stinger on a B-train. Tells me all I need to know.

Back