HID headlights on a 2nd gen?

Hey BSmith... do you happen to have a pic of these installed on your truck ??

I have a couple of pics of them on my truck:

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Cool. Those look a lot better than the projector lights I've seen here locally, (the ones that make a second gen look like a Catfish!) Thanks for the pic's.
Are the pritty easy to adjust ? Is the light patern decent ?

Cool. Those look a lot better than the projector lights I've seen here locally, (the ones that make a second gen look like a Catfish!) Thanks for the pic's.
Are the pritty easy to adjust ? Is the light patern decent ?

Thanks, they are easy enough to adjust, I adjusted them down a tad before I put them in and it was perfect for me, if you have big hands like me you would have to remove the housing from the truck to adjust them. The light patteren is excellent, I am using Silverstars and it is very good light. I "want" HIDs but dont want to spend money and it not be as good as my current setup. So I dunno what to do yet about the HIDs. :bang

I put the same headlights in as haloman and put in HID 6000k and it made a world of difference.

A good place to getr hid is vvme.com you can get the 9004 bixenon bulbs for $100 bucks shipped. they are well worth it they are plug and play no cutting

I put the same headlights in as haloman and put in HID 6000k and it made a world of difference.

A good place to getr hid is vvme.com you can get the 9004 bixenon bulbs for $100 bucks shipped. they are well worth it they are plug and play no cutting

got any pics? i think im gonna go with those. the bi-xenon are $80.

how do you like the 6k? im torn between 6k and 8k.

thanks for the site!

the sport involves extra wiring cause you go from a single bulb to a dual bulb setup. i didnt feel like messing with that.

I got my lights from Stangmods.com, the 9004 setup is for the 87-93 mustangs. The way the wiring is for their setup, the signal for the relay is fed off of only one headlight plug. So you could run your low beam lights from one side, and switch a pin (so they come on with the high beams) and run it from the other side. I think the actual light put is all the same, so you'd probably want to have it so both sets of lights are on the same time.

That is why I am thinking to use the 6000k for my truck and motorcycle. They are plenty bright and less obvious as to not get harrassed by the popo.... I believe they are technically not DOT approved.

vvme.com is that site that sells them on ebay.

4300K is a nice white that is like stock HIDs on BMWs and such. 6000k is the brilliant white without the hints of blue.

Yea the headlights haloman is showing are cheaper than buying new stock or sport setups. Those are what I went with but I got the black, and they make the front end look so much better.

Back