HID headlights on a 2nd gen?

nate

I'm fed up with the **** headlights on my truck. I have a set of Silverstar Ultra bulbs and a Britebox but it still seems dim.. Without my $20 55w Walmart driving lights that are in teh bumper it seems like I'm driving by candlelight.

I was thinking of maybe putting Sport headlights on, not sure what is involved with that.

Also found HID kits for the stock headlights.. http://www.hidspeed.com/HID_bi_Xenon_conversion_kit_p/xtb-hidkit-9004-8k.htm

So what's the good word?

I have HIDs in my 2nd Gen and it is 100 times better than any regular blub I got mine a omni motorsports. Next step is sport headlamps with quad HIDs

I don't know if you have fog lights. But I think fog lights could be a decent alternative being that way you can run some intense HID's when nobody is around.

Or do both. Have weaker ones in the head lights, and intense fog lights.

Also I don't know what kind of shape your headlamps are in. But there is a huge difference between my 98 and 02. My 98 has Silver Star Ultras and they are nothing compared to my 02 which has stock OEM bulbs.

I have HID's in both my trucks, they are just the plain jane ones, not the bi-xenon. The ones you are looking at are the 8000k colour ones, which is more blue for my taste, I have the 6000k in mine thats more of a white light. I bought a bi-xenon kit for my mom's truck. The only real bonus to that was that they don't go out when you hit the high beams like my truck, but the light output and direction doesn't change much.

I clicked the drop down menu to check for a 99, from the link above, and it came up Sylvania. I tried Sylvanias in the truck, they lasted 2 months, and the Jeep, they lasted about 3.
Not very good for the money.

you'll love em...100x's better than my stockers or walmarts brand

super easy to install...bulbs, 2 power supplies, I stuck my power supplies in the battery holders...

got mine from http://www.kbrowncustoms.com/
he'll just ask for what application...

talked some friends into them after they seen mine...all on 2nd gens...attached picture...

hids.jpg

Last edited:
I have been comtemplating HIDs for some time now. I have the clear headlights and silverstars with relay harness and its good. I am just worrind about the extra wiring. Does anyone have pics of where they mounted the ballasts and what not? All the pics I have found have been on gasser.

i plan on getting some very soon. im torn between the 6k's and the 8k's.

i will be getting some bi-xenon off ebay.

I don't really care what they look like, I just want the absolute brightest, light up the whole neighborhood, kind of bulbs.

If I would do a sport headlight swap along with the HID bulbs, would that be impressive enough for the money spent?

I don't want to spend $700 but If I could spend $300 and have insanely bright headlights it would be worth it for me.

Lavon

I don't really care what they look like, I just want the absolute brightest, light up the whole neighborhood, kind of bulbs.

If I would do a sport headlight swap along with the HID bulbs, would that be impressive enough for the money spent?

I don't want to spend $700 but If I could spend $300 and have insanely bright headlights it would be worth it for me.

Lavon

i spent $140 on these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=230308938952&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MT:11

then i will spend $60-$100 for the hid's depending on if i get just low beam hids or both.

so ill be under $300:woohoo:

the sport involves extra wiring cause you go from a single bulb to a dual bulb setup. i didnt feel like messing with that.

My superduty has McCulloch....Too F'n expensive ....My trailblazer SS has the ones from HIDworld.com. All my buddys run them and they are just as good in my opnion

Nate, have you mod'ed it so that when you select high beams that your lows are on at the same time? I have mine so when I go to high, the lows come on and the fog lamps are on as well. When I flip to low, the highs go off and the fog's stay on. It makes bunch of difference and I have never had any bulbs burn out or lenses melt and it has been that way for years. I love it. It only takes a little blue, squeeze on, wire splice under the steering wheel for the high+low mod and a jumper wire in the fuse box under the hood to keep the fogs on when high is on.

This HID conversion kit has an approximately 2900lm output, which is about 4 TIMES BRIGHTER than the halogen light and is much brighter than the original BMW and Mercedes HIDs. The good thing about HID is not only the fact that it is bright, it also saving 50% energy compare to the stock head lights. It only use 35V from your battery and provide a 2900LM output.

What? :bang:hehe: Must have been lost in the conversion to Engrish. LOL

Dayum, these would look sweet after I tap my strobe bulbs in the back of them too! :rockwoot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=230308938952&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MT:11

Last edited:
The ones from HIDworld are just plug and play. you dont have to wire nothing...you dont get much simplier than theirs..trust me

i have them in my car and 12v for a few years now bi exon my snowplow will be getting then next week i can't drive with out them anymore

Back