1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

HRDROKN

Prestige Worldwide
I was looking for something even more unique after my 83 Dodge Crew Cab Project so....

My wife and I took a trip to Arizona back in July '07 to pick up a 1969 Ford Crew Cab 4x4 that was rust free! Made a deal for the truck without motor and transmission... perfect canidate for a Cummins swap!

A070307-3.jpg

A070307-2.jpg

And it all begins....

:bang

As it turns out the "rust free" truck wasn't so rust free! Typical buyer beware... Well, I should have looked at the truck closer while in AZ, but part of me just didn't want to find reasons to come home empty handed!

C070507-2.jpg

C070507-4.jpg

C070507-3.jpg

:doh:

Getting busy with some floor pan repairs while planning out the particulars of the motor swap....

C082007-1.jpg

F081507-4.jpg

:bang

Fitting new replacement panels.... this is my first go around with any kind of body work, so it has been somewhat of a learning experience!

C082007-5.jpg

C082007-5.jpg

:rockwoot:

Looks like this might turn into a "frame off" restoration/swap project before it is all said and done. That is an awesome truck though. Good luck on the build/conversion.

Removed the fuel tank from the inside of the cab... as I will be installing a 50 gallon in the back of the bed. Besides, what a great place to install some subwoofers!

F081507-2.jpg

:rockwoot:

Second part of the buyer beware... ! The seller advertised this truck as having detroit lockers front and rear! When I got into the diffs, I found that we had a pair of power-loks front and rear. This was only a concern for the re-sale value as I will have to upgrade the axles anyway.

01192008-3.jpg

01192008-b.jpg

01192008-5.jpg

:umno:

Next big? problem to solve..... Previous owner did a real hack job modifying the power steering mount to fit a 78-79 4x4 steering box. I thought about several options and decided complete front replacement...

Framerail-4.jpg

Framerail-5.jpg

Framerail-7.jpg

:what:

So I will be fabricating new frame rails and a new x-member. What I want to do is fit a new x-member further toward the rear to make room for the A/C pump in it's stock location. Otherwise my options are a top mount unit (might interfere with compound turbos or injection pump) or no A/C :haha

Think I will cut on the white line.....

Frmoverlap-1.jpg

Framecut001.jpg

:rules:

Found a 1993 Cummins 12 valver for the swap... I will be doing a P-pump conversion to this motor down the road!

1003072-1.jpg

1003071-1.jpg

:Cheer:

Made the standard x-member cut for the swap to see how low I can go.... will use a 2.000" offset to the passenger side. Looks like the 69 had closer to a 3.00" offset originally.

1003074.jpg

Taking a look at the motor mounts and such...... added this plate to tie in mounts and x-member.

Framemnt-1-1.jpg

Framemnt-3.jpg

Framemnt-2.jpg

Back