1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

Getting the Superduty springs into place....

F042208-2.jpg

F042408-1.jpg

:)

Ultimately I want to go with coilovers on this truck, but the city has been a little upset with the project on my driveway. So leafs it is for now!

:bang

These springs have turned out to have a pretty stiff feel.... we will have to see how they ride though. I'm thinking that I'll either end up with some National Springs or the coilovers!

F042408-2.jpg

F042408-3.jpg

:Cheer:

Continuing on with the work... springs are mounted. At this point in the build I was still searching for a high pinion D60 for the front. Those damn things are hard to come by.....

F042408-4.jpg

F042408-5.jpg

holy fabrication skills batman!!! very nice work. you're gonna have a kick ass truck when you're done!! Congrats.

Nice build. I spent a couple hours going through your build thread on TDG and I can't wait to see this beast completed.

So while I was waiting for front end parts...

I sold my old axles as a pair, so time to get that old D60 out of the truck and prepair the D80 to go under. I will be changing the rear springs to 3" wide later down the road... or not? Hmmmmm. Can we say COILOVERS?

Dana 60....
R050908-2.jpg

R050908-1.jpg

R050908-4.jpg

Rebuild parts are finally coming in so I'm back to work on the front axle.... Got the front axle all u-bolted in there... but the u-bolts were too short. Oooops!

F051108-4.jpg

F051108-3.jpg

:bang

New inner seals installed and double checking the lash... thinking back, I don't know why I didn't just put a LSD in it while I had it all apart? I guess I'll just have to do that job over again later....

D060308-3.jpg

New spindles and complet king pin rebuild completed....

D070308-1.jpg

:|

Decided to remove the pre-load spring set up on the king pins.... the new set up uses the set screw to actually pre-load the king pin. Advantage here is that it will keep the front end tighter and with the 38's avoid any front end wobble due to balance or other....

A080908-1.jpg

A081108-2.jpg

A081108-3.jpg

:rockwoot:

Back