1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

What t-case you runnin? Just curious why not a dodge 241 or 271 & skip the adaptors. I am doing a 70 crewcab conversion I like seeing different ideas. Keep the pics comming.

I will be running a married Ford NP-205 with Dodge NP-205 gears from the Getrag era 89-93.... I wasn't sure if the 241HD or 271's would fit the narrow frame rails? I remember it being close!

:)

Great job man. Fab work is fun! Hope the city gets off your case. I love the country living....my uncle is the man in charge of my "city".

The good thing is that we moved and she is in the garage now!

:rockwoot:

Completing some misc. body work... getting ready to have the interior Line-X'd... so holding off on the drivetrain so I can get this knocked out!

A090408-2.jpg

A090408-3.jpg

A090408-4.jpg

:)

So now the project is pretty much up to date on this forum..... We moved into a new house this past October and the project has it's own garage now. Unfortunately I have been busy with other stuff and have not made any more progress on it. Well, I am making progress with the items that remain to be purchased.... by the time spring starts I will be sitting fat! Just got to get back in there and knock it out! This summer she will be under her own power!

That will have made it nearly 2 years of work! Most delayed by $$$ and waiting for parts to come in....

Here she is in her new home.....

092608-2.jpg

092608-1.jpg

And on one of my usual romps through Craigslist..... what did I find? A fresh short block.... from some 1996 vintage! :thumbsup

A121308-2.jpg

A121308-1.jpg

So now I won't have to bother with a P-Pump conversion on the 93 motor, I'll just gett them swapped out and finish building the 96 motor.

:woohoo:

And any good short block needs a new O-ringed cylinder head... in retrospect I SHOULD have had that head ported before having it shipped! Now I'll just have to work it myself or take up someone local to get-r-done!

H011309-1.jpg

:bang

Purchased this 5" exhaust from a company that enables you to get just the pieces that you need... since I dont need a downpipe, it worked out great! I added an extra piece of 5" straight incase I needed to add some length...

My boy is thinking it's all wrong though!

Hey Dad this stuff is too small... I can't crawl through it!

P012709-3.jpg

P012709-2.jpg

P012709-1.jpg

:D

I picked up an AirDog 150 while they were on sale... I'll finish going through the P7100 and then take it up to Santa Rosa Diesel to have the flows balanced.

F011209-1.jpg

:Cheer:

That looks sic man. Why have I missed this thread Big Single or twins? I like the whole bed lined interior just hose it off.

Lets see... new motor = new power... And since the tranny is coming backout for the motor swap... I'm going to install this 1.375" input shaft along with an updated main shaft and 5th gear nut! Any suggestions for a mainshaft????

Aslso picked up a SouthBend 3600# DD setup and upgraded hydraulics!

Tranny candy....
T011409-2.jpg

That looks sic man. Why have I missed this thread Big Single or twins? I like the whole bed lined interior just hose it off.

Funny that you asked.... today UPS just delivered my S475 w/1.32 AR! So twins it is....

I'll run a HX35/40 Hybrid up top... I think that is my plan for now.

:Cheer:

Five new packages at the door the other day! The wife was kinda complaining that she couldn't hardly get through the door!

Besides... I just can't be sitting on milk crates!

S012309-1.jpg

S012309-2.jpg

S012309-3.jpg
[/COLOR]

:woohoo:

Back