Freaking contaminated fuel!

It DOES seem like an overload of stupid, don't it?

Mark.

Yeah your right it is an overload of stupid to not have comprehensive insurance that will cover a businesses stupidly performing employee that phucks up a simple fuel delivery!

Crazy thing is this is more common than you think it is based on what has been told by both the Sedgwick claims people, and multiple dealers/ repair shops.

So, what was the stuck injector you had prior to this "mishap" all about, then?
I don't believe in coincidences.

Mark.

So, what was the stuck injector you had prior to this "mishap" all about, then?
I don't believe in coincidences.

Mark.

3 injectors don't all stick open at once, your right not a coincidence.

The other one wasn't sticking open in the sense like this. That one was actually triggering a computer misfire p0303. Not a single code has popped up, and that's even with the idle dropping down enough and coming up to make the belt chirp(400ish then right back up to 700ish). Nor are any of the cylinders underperforming on a contribution test!

This truck runs power service every other tank, and filters are changed every 10k.

Y'all were right not contaminated.... lmfao!:doh:LOL:clap:

The supervisor asked if we dropped the tank yet and said nope, won't need to being bottom fed system.... told him I haven't pulled the filters yet, and that the filters would be the quickest way to see what was in the tank....

Dumped out both filters and they revealed this beauty, it's a 32oz cup btw to give you idea on volume of debris....

20180530_100316.jpg

Yeah it's blurry, oh well!

As a matter of fact, it was so bad they cut a $10k check on the spot and didn't even worry about sending out a third party to test for fuel!

Shortly after he actually made a comment on the truck only having 99k miles and started talking about his old diesel truck, and said he was glad to see I deleted my 6.7!

I don't understand how I can put 100k miles a year on and get bad 5-6 tones a year and my truck has 1.4 million on the original injectors and fuel pump.

I don't understand how I can put 100k miles a year on and get bad 5-6 tones a year and my truck has 1.4 million on the original injectors and fuel pump.

Good buddy of mine has an 89 12v with all 30yr old oem original goodies with 500k miles on it, only thing that's ever been replaced was head gasket.

Guess it's just luck sometimes!

Looking at your "contaminated fuel" picture, Blackmegablabbermouth, I'll tell you I pull way, way worse out of perfectly running, driving parts trucks, than the stuff you're crying about here.

Mark.

Making sure no corners got cut, doing it through my insurance and will seek recovery of my deductible from the service provider.

20180529_141517.jpg

$1400 labor to install a set of injectors? And then adding $140 to replace lines that will be already be off. That is psycho I wish I could charge those prices at my shop, I can do a set of common rails taking my time in under 2 hours. LOL

Looking at your "contaminated fuel" picture, Blackmegablabbermouth, I'll tell you I pull way, way worse out of perfectly running, driving parts trucks, than the stuff you're crying about here.

Mark.

Who's crying!!!???

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

$1400 labor to install a set of injectors? And then adding $140 to replace lines that will be already be off. That is psycho I wish I could charge those prices at my shop, I can do a set of common rails taking my time in under 2 hours. LOL

Remember dealers use standardized billable time that's negotiated with insurance agencies!

The negotiated rate final was 25hrs at $120hr.

Lots of guys on here seem to be incredibly ignorant to how this whole insurance thing goes with damaged items....

EVERYTHING has to be replaced as brand new using OEM parts and pricing.

It's definitely not that everybody here is ignorant on how insurance claims work... It that everybody here, based on knowledge of these engines, can only deduce that you are scamming the business/ insurance company for new parts.
And most, if not all, of these gentlemen find that repellant.
Now, without REAL analysis of that fuel, and the condition of your fuel filtration system, I'm not gonna say it's fraudulent... But if I was a betting man, well... You can guess.

It's definitely not that everybody here is ignorant on how insurance claims work... It that everybody here, based on knowledge of these engines, can only deduce that you are scamming the business/ insurance company for new parts.
And most, if not all, of these gentlemen find that repellant.
Now, without REAL analysis of that fuel, and the condition of your fuel filtration system, I'm not gonna say it's fraudulent... But if I was a betting man, well... You can guess.

You've got to be kidding yourself!

Gtfo with the fuel analysis nonsense, it's plain as day.

This forum, and the majority of those that choose to banter "I know it's not contaminated fuel" garbage is hilarious.

Let's see.... If it looks like not normal diesel, smells not normal, and burns not normal and actually causes vapor trails out of the exhaust...... it's clearly a foreign substance being burned!

Too many over inflated egos trying to play inspector gadget.

Since I first started this thread, I've only seen one overinflated ego...

And most here know how many different substances these engines can consume without damage.
The one thing at the top of the list for injector failure, is particulates.

You run AirDog 4G, with OE filter downline. Correct ?

I can go dump the grease out of my deep fryer. Mix it with all the old motor oil and transmission fluid in the catch barrel in my garage, add a big cup of rain water from the gutter on the street, and dump it in my tank.

Will my injectors instantly stick open ?

Phuck no.

My fuel filter (2mic) might clog after a while. And my water separator might need an additional drain...

But I'd bet a paycheck my Injectors wouldn't suddenly stick open a block away.

Heck, I'd bet I could run the whole tank.

Since I first started this thread, I've only seen one overinflated ego...

And most here know how many different substances these engines can consume without damage.
The one thing at the top of the list for injector failure, is particulates.

You run AirDog 4G, with OE filter downline. Correct ?

I've presented facts, never ego! But I mock those that insist they know my truck and fuel better than me, "lollzz fakin haterz" as I believe someone once referred to know it all's lol!

All it takes is excessive stiction and abrasion associated with a chemical agent that's ignition level is incompatible in a diesel application.

You realize how obvious this had to be for my insurance company to cut a check on the spot?!!!!

That just doesn't happen!

I can go dump the grease out of my deep fryer. Mix it with all the old motor oil and transmission fluid in the catch barrel in my garage, add a big cup of rain water from the gutter on the street, and dump it in my tank.

Will my injectors instantly stick open ?

Phuck no.

My fuel filter (2mic) might clog after a while. And my water separator might need an additional drain...

But I'd bet a paycheck my Injectors wouldn't suddenly stick open a block away.

Heck, I'd bet I could run the whole tank.

Ok, can you YouTube all that when you do it?

As matter of fact, I need a good way to dispose this fuel so feel free to get it!

I'll even throw the crap back in for free and will also include a free airdog fuel filter, water separator, and OEM filter!

I've got a chit load of filters, but thanks.

Isn't this the truck you have been trying to sell lately ?

Yet another coincidence ?

So they cut a check based on a quote by someone else, just for you to do it yourself? How much do we each get to be quiet? That’s a laughable fuel contamination case; hell thats cleaner than most I see on a daily basis.

Back