Factory Cummins Aluminum Block and Head

Not even as a donation? You could be apart of something special...
I was truly interested in a realistic price, but now the magic has gone away.
Now it'd just be an insult, even if he gave them away.

Greed knows no bounds. Going to be interesting to meet this critter.

Mark.

I guess it's easy to me...if you don't like a guys price on something, or his threads in general....don't click on them and post in his threads. If he gets no posts, the thread goes away....

Chris

You best get your stories straight DieselWrencher. I just acquired these a couple weeks ago.

Furthermore, If you don't want it, please hold your comments. I have done nothing to anyone on here to deserve the brow beating.

I will not give these away. I will finance if someone doesn't have the means at this time but would really like to have them.

Both pieces will be in the race trailer at UCC. Come by and have a look and maybe throw a few games of corn hole.

Sorry Art, I was not talking about your block here. I was talking about someone entirely differently merely saying what I had learned as to why these blocks are so hard to find. I wasn't bashing you. Good luck with the sale.

I was truly interested in a realistic price, but now the magic has gone away.
Now it'd just be an insult, even if he gave them away.

Greed knows no bounds. Going to be interesting to meet this critter.

Mark.

Hey Mark. This is a copy and paste from a PM you sent me. Remember??

Unless something were to go wrong, I prefer that people keep their business between them.
Now, if I decided to take your money and not provide the goods, or if something wasn't right with the deal and I didn't come through on my end, then it's fair game for public consumption and the court of "Public Opinion" would have their day with me.

You are no different than me. You just want folks to think you are. You buy low and sell high and have for as long as I've been a member here. Sorry I did not provide a price up front as you must have had your wings clipped for the same thing?? I made you an offer on our last dealings and I think you should have at least tried me before the attempted crucifixion.

Sorry Art, I was not talking about your block here. I was talking about someone entirely differently merely saying what I had learned as to why these blocks are so hard to find. I wasn't bashing you. Good luck with the sale.

I apologize DieselWrencher. My post was totally undeserved. How can I make it up to ya??

Keep burning those bridges, you now have 10 days to come get what's yours, then $20 a day per vehicle gets tacked on for storage.

Mark.

Last edited:
You are no different than me. You just want folks to think you are. You buy low and sell high and have for as long as I've been a member here.

I dunno, but Mark's prices with me and the people I've sent his way have been just great with absolutely NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever...........

Hmm, a VE powered truck could use this, won't over power it and keep the nose weight low...ish...er.

Arch and Mark keep the private stuff just that. PRIVATE.

Is it all standard bore? Crank, cam, cylinder, bla bla bla? Normal 12V? What about main bolt size? This engine has ran before? Head is stock with a shelf and it's loaded with valves and springs or...?

Sorry didn't read while thread if all this has been covered..

Keep burning those bridges, you now have 10 days to come get what's yours, then $20 a day per vehicle gets tacked on for storage.

Mark.

Comon Mark. You know you can't do that. Holy cow and I thought I was quick to get but hurt. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!

So I guess I'll be installing the 70 by myself now??

Hmm, a VE powered truck could use this, won't over power it and keep the nose weight low...ish...er.

Arch and Mark keep the private stuff just that. PRIVATE.

Is it all standard bore? Crank, cam, cylinder, bla bla bla? Normal 12V? What about main bolt size? This engine has ran before? Head is stock with a shelf and it's loaded with valves and springs or...?

Sorry didn't read while thread if all this has been covered..

This stuff has been together and ran and the valve seats are still in tact.

After further inspection from a few close friends, these parts may have been assembled before, but, my earlier statement about the parts being ran is wrong. No one can get them that clean. lol

Anyway, what is in the pics is what you get. I have not thrown any calipers on it yet, but, it looks identical to the iron block laying beside it. It does have cam bearings throughout.

I think with a good steel girdle, you would be OK to 300HP. Anything above this number, IMHO, would split the block where the cylinders and crankcase meet.

The cylinders could be milled completely out and new alloy cylinders welded in. Then the block could be sleeved to whatever the bore spacing would allow and be extremely strong. Additionally, this modification would not be apparent from the outside of the block. It would add at least 10lbs to the package when this mod is complete.

Billet, cross bolted main caps could be easily adapted to the crankcase although with the good girdle, I don't know this mod would be necessary.

Just to be safe, I would take the heads and have the seats cut out and have new beryllium seats installed and have them peened. Just for reference, hot egt's for a NA gas engine are around 1300 degrees. Ain't no wonder you never hear of them dropping seats. lol

That's over twice the HP your truck will ever see.

You should have bought the block on your way up to SD & carried it there.

Thrown a rainbow tarp over it so Fondler Sr wouldn't throw it into his backhoe.

It would probably survive as a 400hp VE motor never seeing over 3500rpm. That's if someone with no sense and 15k to waste were interested.

I'm not real slick on these forums. I'd like to do a poll.

For all those who think I should hang on to these gems for the next 20 years and pay for my grandchildren's college, vote this way.

For those who think I should use these gems as best I know how, vote this way.

Let the poll go for a while and see what most of the ComD family would like to see done with this stuff.

I can tell you for sure if someone rolled up right now with $15k, you could have your own poll.

Things are getting tight!!!!

Back