Tubular Exhaust Manifold

I guess they changed maifolds through the years? My stocker is completly split, that one has a chamber type space before it goes into the turbo.

What year is that off of J?

Heres a better pic of the one I have....
IMG_1981.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's 3 and 3... I can't imagine that they would have built a 4 and 2 later down the road when half and half is better for spool up. :confused:

IMG_0257-1.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Nice work!

Based on what I've seen with the Duramax headers I build you won't see that much of an EGT drop. You'll most likely notice a little more boost and a much quicker spool up.

I stand corrected, I had a third gen manifold in my possession less than two weeks ago off an 06' that I could have swore had the 4/2 split but looks like I spoke too soon!
Sorry guys, not trying to stir the pot with bad info.

I do agree that the pulses should be split up on twin scroll divided volute turbos because it does help spoolup. That's why I always thought if was funny that the 3rd gen turbos have open non-divided turbo exhaust housings.

Nice work!

Based on what I've seen with the Duramax headers I build you won't see that much of an EGT drop. You'll most likely notice a little more boost and a much quicker spool up.

I'm going to disagree. I saw 150*-175* egt drop, though I do agree on spool and I saw 1-2lbs more boost.

Bodie, I know of a truck from the Armstrong performance .com camp that would like one of those ! Make one and let's throw it on at Baytown for some r&d!!!

Please, PLEASE, do a back to back dyno run of before and after the installation of this piece

(if you can)

Thanks everybody, I really want to do some testing with it on a dyno. There is a dyno here in Corpus but I think I might as well just use one those dashtop dynos.:hehe:

It wouldnt be hard to swap so maybe one day I can test it on a good dyno.

Scott maybe we can work somthing out for baytown, are you going to run your truck?

:thankyou2:

that's a serious piece of steel right there! :cool:

Yes sir it is, weighs in at 24.9lbs compaired to the stocker at 17.4lbs. Not toooo bad, but its not lighter thats for sure.

I really wish I would have made it out of stainless now, seeing it all shiney. Im sure there will be more though.

Back