Tubular Exhaust Manifold

I finally got on the highway with this thing today... It really does help spoolup. Egts are deffinatley down, but I am still not sure how much, but I would say 100-200* cooler.

Sounds like it has alot deeper tone and not as bad of a drone sound like most straight pipe trucks do. If you get a 2nd gen manifold made up, give me shout. I plan on going back to a 2nd gen setup on mine and would like something like more to what you have.

sounds good man, im glad to see everything worked out well for ya. have you figured out what finish your going to go with yet?

Do you plan to sell these? How bout for 12valve 2nd gen? The idea of much better spool up is very appealing, makes the possibility of 70+mm single setups much more appealing on the street perhaps.

I saw this on Bodie's truck yesterday at DHRA in Baytown. It's an impressive piece, just like anything Bodie does on his truck. Yall should see his homemade fuel system.

Hey Bodie....I'll donate a 12valve if you need one for fitting and testing. I bet i could drive my dmax for a week or 2 if you need my 12valve that long.

Thanks guys

I have started to look at seriously building some, but the ones I build will be alot nicer than this one, like waterjetted flanges, and ceramic coating inside and out. I talked with a guy about some wj flanges but he hasnt given me a quote on what it would cost yet, so that would depend on how much it would cost.

The guys who know me will tell ya I am not out to make it rich, I just want people to be happy with what they get.

If ya'll are interested in one of these headers shoot me a pm as I am not a paying vendor and dont want to break any rules on this site. Mods if I have already, delete what you need to.

yes they make them for a Powerstroke and a duramax.
there are about 200 of these on the road , and the guy that weilded these did them himself also.
these are thick wall stainless steel, jig wielded and ready to ship today

you sure they didn't come from over seas Comp??? C'mon, we weren't born yesterday

manifold.jpg

Lets examine this and use it as what not to do if you are going to make your own.

The arrows show where there is almost NO material between the mount hole and the edge of the material. For structural integrity, you should have the same amount of material between the holes and the thickness of the material. This one fails.

Anyone else find it odd that the holes are not lined up in the center of the flanges? Its almost like the one piece flange was cut too short.

A few post were removed. One by a vendor advertising in an open forum, (not to mention in a did it myself thread), :doh: and several others that referenced it that no longer made sense.

Back