Tubular Exhaust Manifold

I call dibs on the first third gen one... Did you look into the logo like we talked about at Baytown?

Nah not yet, I am trying to get my waterjet guys into action, and looking for a cheaper coating. I read about that stuff Joe was talking about and it looks pretty good! I am going to order some and put it on mine for some R&D. If that stuff can take it down here on the beach without rusting, it will be what I use. I just have to find an old oven, I am sure I would get in some deep chit using the one in the house.:kick:

Tyler I sent ya back, thanks alot man!

You might wanna try to find a shop with a CNC laser and get some quotes. I'm sure it would be much cheaper to have em lasered out than waterjet.

Man I tell ya what if you could get these things going for a good price (and it sounds possible thanks to that coating suggestion if that works out) you could have a real big seller here!!!!!!!! Seems one of the biggest problems with these trucks to get to bigger hp with a single is their inability to spool the bigger charger. Sounds like this would really help!!! You've certainly got my attention!

What's the worst thing that can happen if you don't use a coating on it? Just some surface rust or is it likely to rust through? I've run headers before with no coating and had no problems but they weren't subject to 1800 degree short term EGTs either.

here are ones that are allready done .

P1010005_edited-1Small.jpg

I have over 8000 miles on these on Project X diesel and they run great, spool quicker, and run cooler.

here is a picture on project X with the ED wastegate adapter

100_0519.jpg

Is just my eyes or ....?

Project x manifold flange (header to cyl.head)is totally different desinge than in first picture header flange.

not a big difference though, either one was probably the first one made then the next had some "tweaks"...still does the same job....

I just got back from the waterjet company, and I was really impressed! This place was awsome, I went and checked out all the machines and got them to draw up some plans for a 24v flange. The 12v is next along with some T3 and T4 flanges.:rockwoot:

I ahve T3, HX35/40, T4 and T6 flange DWX files that I use on the CNC plasma. If you want them, PM me an email address.

Is just my eyes or ....?

Project x manifold flange (header to cyl.head)is totally different desinge than in first picture header flange.

The picture I have a promo picture from the manufactors, early on , the manifold on X is a production part .
I have seen 2000 egts on this manifold , when i turned the wastegate shut , and the Smarty on any thing above 7 .

we are closing in on 10,000 miles on X with no problems , and the egt;s at the end of the 1/4 mile are averging 1100. a lot cooler then before.

ZZ custom has waterjet flanges for the cummins and DMax , and dose custom one off headers , a recent one was a triple charger 4BT soon to be in Diesel Power

100_0560.jpg

Back