Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Only issues were trying liners that weren’t meant for road use and using the old style pistons with the wrist pin bushings. Since then it’s been flawless.

The bushings had to have been damaged when you got those, I don’t think that was anything that happened while they were in your engine.

Only issues were trying liners that weren’t meant for road use and using the old style pistons with the wrist pin bushings. Since then it’s been flawless.

So what happened? The liners were too hard and did some machining of their own and started moving around?

Glad you got it sorted.

Last edited:
Whose doing the rebuild? Think one of mine will be going for one soon. While the other that had issues after first inframe is waiting for the next one.

Your not replacing the head?

Are you still having issues with that one engine? Was it a PK60 (15:1 pistons)? I just programmed a guy in Kleefeld with one. Same story, rebuilt and now it smokes. Problem is he also had it programmed by J BALL at the same time.

Starts much better now, I totally changed the start sequence. Used to smoke out his shop now it's barely anything at all. Tweaked up his program too it was pretty flat before. The guy used a program from a HK60 for some reason. It could probably use more timing than what I put in it.

I still think his cam is out of time he is going to get it checked by the shop that did the inframe next time he is home.

So what happened? The liners were too hard and did some machining of their own and started moving around?

Glad you got it sorted.

No they used C rings with relief’s cut in the liner and stock head gasket with the sealing ring cut out. Works good on trucks running over 100psi it boost but didn’t seal on mine.

21966f580eefbf7febefc65f82824460.jpg
5654db4118830e40046418001814c85d.jpg

And this is why Mahle quit using the useless bushings in the steel pistons and did away with the removable oil dam. Had a C13 do the same thing, new pistons are not made this way.
ca65b2cec03e0be4ba430ef728d95ac5.jpg
dbf2a857eeb63f65ae5f17ee63fa841b.jpg

Are you still having issues with that one engine? Was it a PK60 (15:1 pistons)? I just programmed a guy in Kleefeld with one. Same story, rebuilt and now it smokes. Problem is he also had it programmed by J BALL at the same time.

Starts much better now, I totally changed the start sequence. Used to smoke out his shop now it's barely anything at all. Tweaked up his program too it was pretty flat before. The guy used a program from a HK60 for some reason. It could probably use more timing than what I put in it.

I still think his cam is out of time he is going to get it checked by the shop that did the inframe next time he is home.

It’s sitting back at the mechanics waiting to be opened back up. Factory program. This time the higher comp pistons are going in.

The cam and injectors weren’t factory that were put back in. On recommendation from Erich at serious 60. After truck was put back together it ran for a while and then tried his tuning to no help. The ecm actually caused a wierd random issue with the park brake and white smoke. And he couldn’t figure it out so I put my stock ecm back on.

Last edited:
It’s sitting back at the mechanics waiting to be opened back up. Factory program. This time the higher comp pistons are going in.

The cam and injectors weren’t factory that were put back in. On recommendation from Erich at serious 60. After truck was put back together it ran for a while and then tried his tuning to no help. The ecm actually caused a wierd random issue with the park brake and white smoke. And he couldn’t figure it out so I put my stock ecm back on.

16.5:1 2 piece?

What cam and injectors? Probably 4192 with the 18mm cam bolt.

If you want to give me a shot on programming im game. I wont charge you a penny unless you are happy.

BTW im good friends with the Freightliner service manager. They are putting a dyno in the new building. Not sure what rating. I might be able to hook you up with that.

And here I am doing the math on cutting valve reliefs deeper on a 13.5:1 piston to drop the compression some more...

How do they start in the cold at that comp? Detroits start like **** even at 15:1.

No problem, I went with 16:1 because I didn’t want it to cold smoke. Friend built his 14:1 and it’s just as clean as mine. He’s started it in single digits and hit like a champ. Now I always plug mine in but the few times I didn’t it always lit right off.

Put it this way, if it’s too cold to start I’m not working anyway.

Cats have always started the best for me. Even my old Jwac B starts really well in the cold.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

16.5:1 2 piece?

What cam and injectors? Probably 4192 with the 18mm cam bolt.

If you want to give me a shot on programming im game. I wont charge you a penny unless you are happy.

BTW im good friends with the Freightliner service manager. They are putting a dyno in the new building. Not sure what rating. I might be able to hook you up with that.

Not sure which pistons. Doubt he has got them yet. I’ll try dig up the part number I gave him.

Back