Truckers, lets see your rigs!

100% correct there! Problem with plenty of driver is just that.... They are drivers and dumb as door nails. No mechanical experience of any kind. They don't give a *hit of what they are driving or taking care of equipment. All that is on their minds is the next stop and who gives a *crap if the engine blows up on the way there. It is a simple "It is not my problem" mentality. I drove for quite a while, never my own truck but I always took care of my rides.

Next up container ships. They are already testing autonomous container ships ready for prime time in the next 2-3 years. No matter what we do it is coming.

I care... probably too much. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I care... probably too much. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Based on all you have posted I know you take care of your rides. I imagine no matter what your behind the wheel driving you care about it whether it is yours or not. Your one of the few out there that do. I am a firm believer that take care of what you drive and it will take are of you.

I would update the lifter guides. The older parts break and let the follower turn sideways

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Lifter guides like he said, make sure the bottom of the block bores aren’t eroded by someone running green coolant where the O-rings seal.

Farm truck things.

7c89ae1131f6c1dd71fa85af760c9181.jpg

chris was that yer steam engine on threshers on facebook..that one of a kind one....I gorget what its called..maybe jake remembers...cant be too many of em seems like ya told me one of 2 still left

chris was that yer steam engine on threshers on facebook..that one of a kind one....I gorget what its called..maybe jake remembers...cant be too many of em seems like ya told me one of 2 still left

No, I don't believe so, but I'm not on facebook. I'll have my brother check.

Chris

74226593_10156936264393335_6855715845432147968_n.jpg

Hmmm got some new shiny ****.

One counterbore was cracked so we sleeved all 6. Putting in ceramic coated 1 piece PAI pistons. Had a guy upgrade the ring pack, he claims it will eliminate blowby. I will post pics later of what he did.

Rods and head checked out fine except for 1 injector cup so I got them all replaced. Crank looks great.

Other than a few human errors it the rebuild is going good just a bit slow.

Last edited:
74226593_10156936264393335_6855715845432147968_n.jpg

Hmmm got some new shiny ****.

One counterbore was cracked so we sleeved all 6. Putting in ceramic coated 1 piece PAI pistons. Had a guy upgrade the ring pack, he claims it will eliminate blowby. I will post pics later of what he did.

Rods and head checked out fine except for 1 injector cup so I got them all replaced. Crank looks great.

Other than a few human errors it the rebuild is going good just a bit slow.

Whose doing the rebuild? Think one of mine will be going for one soon. While the other that had issues after first inframe is waiting for the next one.

Your not replacing the head?

Ceramic coating is a waste of time and money. Works well on external exhaust parts but takes longer to apply than it lasts on pistons.

Whose doing the rebuild? Think one of mine will be going for one soon. While the other that had issues after first inframe is waiting for the next one.

Your not replacing the head?

I'm doing the inframe, outsourced the head, rods and counterbores.

Ceramic coating is a waste of time and money. Works well on external exhaust parts but takes longer to apply than it lasts on pistons.

You probably aren't wrong.

You probably aren't wrong.

I had turbo housings and pipes ceramic coated at a big powder coating shop. I asked about doing pistons and he laughed. Said “guys balance pistons/rings to the gram then I hold the piston in my hand and spray it with ceramic with an airbrush and stick it in an oven. When it doesn’t stick I put it back in the oven and bake/blast it back off and do it again. Probably makes it 5 miles in an engine”. Works great on header pipes.

I had turbo housings and pipes ceramic coated at a big powder coating shop. I asked about doing pistons and he laughed. Said “guys balance pistons/rings to the gram then I hold the piston in my hand and spray it with ceramic with an airbrush and stick it in an oven. When it doesn’t stick I put it back in the oven and bake/blast it back off and do it again. Probably makes it 5 miles in an engine”. Works great on header pipes.

My guess the quality of the ceramic and surface prep matter. Most ceramic coatings it seems like they care more about looks rather than actual performance.

Anything that isn't white or slightly off white has something else in it that isn't ceramic.

I'm not worried if it doesn't last, it's the other stuff that I'm excited about ;)

Back