2.6 Pullers from Southern Indiana and surrounding areas

As of right now I need to find at least 10 people/trucks but more would be better. The first year would be trial and if all goes well they will add the bigger classes. There are no certain number of hooks yet, but we could have as many as 15-20. All the pulls should be within 3 hours of the Evansville area with some being in Illinois and Kentucky. Right now there are no rules but we will be the ones making them. We would like for this to be a true 2.6 class with no bushings, but nothing is certain yet. I would like to find enough people to start this before the rules are made up so it can be as fair as possible to everyone. Safety will be an issue so loops and shields will probably be mandatory, possibly even fire suits and helmets. The way I understand the hook fees it would be a yearly membership fee then you would pay the regular hook fee at the pulls. We would have a president, vp, and treasurer, but they could be from one of the other classes as well (hot farm, super farm,...) If we can get enough people this would be a good thing for the pullers in our area.

let us know some more info as it comes along..i possibly would consider doing this. Does that mean we have to show up at every pull?

i would be interested in this when i got out of college next year when i have to cash to put in my truck its not really up for it right now, haha

Adam I guess if we need another truck I could set up the white one has well. It really only needs saftey equip. and a different turbo.

The group is a new organization called Midwest pullers. We will be insured and sponsered. They will get us hooks and take care of the payback. We will be in charge of our class and can set the rules, amounts paid, and number of trucks in the payout. I found out today that we have a meeting in late september where we will have to have trucks and rules. This gives us a few weeks to get all of our stuff in line. If anyone is interested they can reach me at 812 457 6710.
Adam

My best advise is to use the same rules as most other places like ITPA, NADM, NKTPA, and the others running those rules. Best that could happen is for as many places running the same rules as possible. This way folks can go just about everywhere n compete in equivalent classes.

That's my $0.02

ill help ya in any way i can adam i dont think ill have a 2.6 truck but ill do what i can to help sounds like a good idea

My best advise is to use the same rules as most other places like ITPA, NADM, NKTPA, and the others running those rules. Best that could happen is for as many places running the same rules as possible. This way folks can go just about everywhere n compete in equivalent classes.

That's my $0.02

That is really the plan but right now we have nothing and the few pulls we do have there is no rules and it get sicking when there is a group of us that pull again each other all the time and have 2.6 trucks and there always a couple 2.8 or 3.0 trucks taking the money.

you need to get with ITPA, and see if you can become a southern edition of that. That way theres a north and south part of it and at the end of the year the top 10 from each class can get together some where and decide the winners of the state

The meeting is September 20th in vincennes and everyone is welcome to go. Matt, after talking to the head guy, if we can show that there is a big enough crowd for diesel trucks we could have the bigger classes by the following year. Justin- Do you know any pullers your way that would be interested in this? Hows the grey truck coming? I havent heard from anyone in illinois yet?

Yeah, you know me and Jordan are in and I can probly get a few more. Grey truck? Still down in the shop, gonna try and pull the head off this weekend to see why I have no compression on #4 and #5 cylinders.

Back