2.6 Pullers from Southern Indiana and surrounding areas

so if I read the rules right,, a recall tach must be in place to verify max rpm? is that (4800max) one of the rules up for change maybe??

Isnt everyone getting away from the rpm limit? Depending on what everyone else wants to do I assume we will follow suit with the rules.

Isnt everyone getting away from the rpm limit? Depending on what everyone else wants to do I assume we will follow suit with the rules.

If you dont have sfi blanket for tranny in side sheilds for the motor i cant see getting away from it myslef. But i hope to have a stand alone before next season if money stays good. I have the SFI tranny blanket and flexplate. Just have to get the sheilds for motor.

Last edited:
I think that most if the guys that pulled last year are wanting to run the standard 2.6 rules that were created this yes. But with that being said I know the new rules say you must run a damper if turning over 4500 rpms. That being said with out recalls how would u know what they are turning? Last year we ran recalls

Re Recall Tachs

We had this discussion in 2.8 and a recall tach is not reliable because they can be modified to show legal. Just put the safety gear on and do away with the rpm limit because it's very hard to police.

We had this discussion in 2.8 and a recall tach is not reliable because they can be modified to show legal. Just put the safety gear on and do away with the rpm limit because it's very hard to police.

I agree.. But the new 2.6 rules have. How are the other orgs going to police it?

yes we have the safety gear, sfi approved flexplate and damper and a big tach but it's not recall. thats why i wondered. I'm more for make the rules require it and turn the rpms loose, or just say if you don't have the gear to handle the big rpms,, make those guys have recalls and let the guys with the gear to turn'em (big rpms) run'em.

The new purposed 2.6 rules everyone is going to don't have a over all limit. So yeah if you have all the safety stuff it doesn't really matter. Last year we had a 4800 limit so that is why we safety stuff or not had to have it.

Back