Exhaust brake disabled in ECM?

This is my truck he's talking about, had so many other issues from the previous tuner I forgot to even mention it, works great now!

good deal. I had already tuned mine with EFI Live. I just went by the dealership my buddy works at and he hooked up to it. It took a minute to find the option, but it wasn't enabled when they replaced the ECM before I bought the pickup.

I wish I had a friend who worked at a dealership so I could at least try it and see. I got the magic Hobbit file last night but kept getting and error when trying to flash it to my truck. Updated the firmware on my autocal and still got the error. Going to try again today.

If you swap that junk POS good for nothing turbo off of it, you wouldn't have to worry about this.... #justsayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey listen here you confused no hood having trucker.... do you want to haul without your jakes? I would like to have some extra braking when I'm hauling the 12 valve around! :kick: LOL

This is interesting. I just sent an autocal to FL because he had issues with his previous tuner. The trucks turbo brake never worked. After the flash the turbo brake now works great. The incorrect base file can cause the turbo brake to not work. Most tuners slu+ out the same base file for all their tunes. This works majority of the time but is not the correct way to write tunes. This may not be relevant to your issue but worth noting.

Lavon sent me a file to upload and try but as mentioned above I had issues last night. This electronic stuff is all new to me thankfully Lavon is a very patient guy!

I wish I had a friend who worked at a dealership so I could at least try it and see. I got the magic Hobbit file last night but kept getting and error when trying to flash it to my truck. Updated the firmware on my autocal and still got the error. Going to try again today.

Hey listen here you confused no hood having trucker.... do you want to haul without your jakes? I would like to have some extra braking when I'm hauling the 12 valve around! :kick: LOL

Lavon sent me a file to upload and try but as mentioned above I had issues last night. This electronic stuff is all new to me thankfully Lavon is a very patient guy!

I'll gladly give you mine. I'd rather have something I can count on. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back