Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

Thought a blew out a turbo already. Spent all day figuring it out. Went and looked in the road and there’s a pretty thick oil Trail through the burnout marks. Ended up it was pouring out of the turbo. So I wasn’t sure if I had already burnt up a new turbo or what. Upon tearing down the turbo everything looked new like it should. Come to find out the drain line had a restriction on one of the fittings I never noticed. Got a differnt drain off a buddy and now seems to have the problem solved. Another time consuming issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went for another test drive yesterday. Truck is running stout. I did overfill the trans pretty bad so whenever I get on it some fluid comes out of the overflow gonna drain some out this evening. However I also got the whole front clip the way I want it yesterday. It’s completely one piece like a fiberglass one 6 pins and it’s free only weighs maybe 75lbs total. Had to section some of the hood for exhaust clearance. I’m gonna have to shooting up right in front of where the passenger mirror would be.

Pics of the front clip and of the cutout section.

d366c4312104e68eda44db21267e0989.jpg

e0511f0a70577bb533051d9cf6f847a5.jpg

Got the exhaust somewhat how it’s gonna be. Will just barely protrude the hood. I thought about leaving it and miter cutting it on a angle. But I think it will look better just barely above the hood.
3e95a69a3bedf4490ec16ebf13e1831a.jpg

Been messing with small things on the truck. If all goes well hoping to make some passes this weekend. Had some spare time earlier so I decided to go ahead and wrap my exhaust never done this before but it turned out decent I would say.
bf3f344bf5e0091df0d7ba70c459af03.jpg

Added a couple more breathers to the truck last night also added a few more frame braces for the 4 link and where the frame had been shortened. Looking to make passes Saturday. Started trying to see how the truck was gonna stage and with the stock booster without a vacuum pump I can only stage the truck to about 1800rpms before the tires break loose. So I decided to overnight a electric vacuum pump to hopefully be able to stage harder before breaking the tires loose. My nitrous outlet kit came in yesterday as well however it probably won’t make it in the truck by this weekend need to tie up some other things more important. So fuel only it is. But it sure does look nice
1657497df81a27783abe012c678ad0ce.jpg

I honestly lost interest after the steel one piece front clip.

But you reeled me back in with the nitrous kit.

:thankyou2:

Well. No rest passes tomorrow. Broke the 4 link out of the truck leaving on boost with the slicks. So looks like backhalfing it is. Hopefully knock it out by Rudy’s. Time will tell

However on a plus note. I overnighted a electric vacuum booster from jegs. Now I can stage up to 15psi on asphalt and the brakes are super easy now!

Well. No rest passes tomorrow. Broke the 4 link out of the truck leaving on boost with the slicks. So looks like backhalfing it is. Hopefully knock it out by Rudy’s. Time will tell

Don't be shy. Show the carnage that way others can learn. :Cheer:

Don't be shy. Show the carnage that way others can learn. :Cheer:

I will take some pics tomorrow. Walked away for the night! It was a piece of 2x2 .25 wall that I used to mount the front brackets. It started to twist the piece of tubing then it led to cracking down the center of the weld. Didn’t hurt anything I don’t believe just have to re do the 4 link setup.

Thinking of waiting to backhalf since it’s getting so close to time for odss races. Anyone ever had luck with a mono leaf and coil overs with cal tracs?

I admire your stick-to-it-iveness.
You really shouldn't have used outriggers to mount the front of the 4 link setup, though. That should be a full width 2"x3" humped crossmember (to clear driveshaft) so the load is distributed properly to the framerails. Dont compromise your safety on that just to save a buck.
Good luck to you.

I admire your stick-to-it-iveness.
You really shouldn't have used outriggers to mount the front of the 4 link setup, though. That should be a full width 2"x3" humped crossmember (to clear driveshaft) so the load is distributed properly to the framerails. Dont compromise your safety on that just to save a buck.
Good luck to you.

They weren’t a causal outrigger. They were .25 wall. They had 45s on each side for gussets. But I agree. That’s why I’ve decided to use a leaf with coils for this year until I can make it all right like it should be.

Picture of the twisted bracket. Was still almost vertical at the welds. 45s I had just cut off and realized I didn’t get a pick. So here’s the aftermath without the 45s on the sides.
1c786dd0a72d3f9090dcd14034daeceb.jpg

Back