$4000 Total Purse, $1,500 to WIN 2.6

Updated 2.6 rules:

2012 BDP
2.6 Diesel Truck Rules
This Diesel class is designed for pickup trucks with a wide variety of performance
upgrades. A valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The truck
must be 4 wheel drive.
Weight: 8000 lb Maximum, with driver
Regulations:
Ballast:
Ballast is permitted. Front hanging weights are permitted. Front ballast and ballast
mounting point must be easily removable, but securely mounted. May not extend more
than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle, and be high enough to clear scale and
other pit obstacles. If it hit’s the scale it must be removed to compete. Ballast may be
added to the bed of truck. If used it must be securely fastened to the bed. Final decisions
rest with the technical department.
Batteries:
The Batteries must be securely mounted,. They may not be located in the driver
compartment or forward of the radiator core support.
Body:
The body must be the OEM truck body including the full bed floor. The body must retain
full sheet metal. Metal aftermarket hoods are permitted. Fiberglass hoods and roll pans
only are permitted. All Fiberglass hoods must be shielded on the underneath side with
sheet metal or aluminum skin a minimum of .060 thick. The hood must be closed and
securely latched while the truck is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM firewall and
complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. A factory installed pickup bed or commercial
style aftermarket bed must be installed.
Chassis:
The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body
used. The vehicle must retain the OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions, tube
chassis, etc, are prohibited.
Cooling System:
Radiators must be in stock location and be of at least stock size
Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.
Driveline:
An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option
on a one ton or smaller pickup.
Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.
Driveshaft Loops:
All trucks must have at least six (6) inch wide u-joint shields around all u-joints on rear
drive shaft constructed of at least ¼ steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the ujoints
and the ends of drive shafts. Any u-joint on the front axle that can be seen from
front or side of truck must be shielded the same as all other u-joints. All shields must be
securely mounted to the vehicle. A new puller may be granted a one time wavier.
Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exit rearward
of the driver’s compartment or through the hood. Stacks’ exiting through the fender well
is prohibited. Two (2) 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be installed through exhaust pipe in a
cross pattern within one (1) inch of each other and as close to the turbo as possible. This
will be teched. Bolt heads welded to the pipe or sheet metal screws to mimic this will be
grounds for disqualification.
Fire Extinguisher System:
A fire extinguisher system is permitted, it must be securely mounted All vehicles must
have at least a 2 ½ lb extinguisher with working gauge mounted within drivers reach.
Fuel:
A fuel cell may be used in place of the factory fuel tank. It must be mounted securely in the bed
of truck.
Fuel Injection Pump:
The fuel injection pump is limited to cylinder number specific (I.e. 6 cylinder pump on a
6 cylinder motor). Dual high pressure common rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted.
Ag governors are allowed. No Sigma or 12 cylinder pumps allowed.
Hitch:
The hitch must be a receiver- style hitch. Reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements
must not extend forward of the center line of the rear axle and must remain inside the
frame rails. The hooking point must be the rear most point on the vehicle and must be
rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground
and stationary in all directions. Bumper may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height
from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The hooking point must have a minimum of
3 inch by 3 ¾ inch inside opening for the sled hook. The hooking point must be a
minimum of 44 inches from the center of the rear axle, to the end of the hole where the
hook touches metal to be pulled from, this is the hooking point.
Intercoolers:
Factory style or aftermarket intercoolers are allowed. Water to air intercoolers allowed.
Ice and water must be weighed at the time of crossing the scales.
Nitrous Oxide:
Nitrous Oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system
components must be removed from the truck.
Propane:
Propane is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
Rear End:
Non OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. The rear end housings must have been for a
one ton or smaller pickup pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered with a cap or shield.
Steering:
The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the
original OEM power assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are
permitted.

Suspension - Front:
The factory suspension configuration must be retained. Modifications to the front
suspension that would alter the original location (I.e. moving it forward or backward) is
not permitted. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are
permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Air shocks are prohibited.
Suspension - Rear:
An OEM style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices are permitted, they
must be bolt on only, welds are permitted for attachment to the frame or axle housing.Control
arms may be strengthened or replaced, providing all original mounting points are retained
and used. Sway bars, lower tie bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted. The rear
suspension may be solid. Air bag spring assist and air shocks are
prohibited.
Tires:
The tires must be DOT street tires, with a tire limit size of 35 inches. Cut tires are
prohibited.
Transfer Case:
Non - OEM transfer cases are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one ton or
smaller pick up truck.
Transmission - Automatic:
Non - OEM transmissions are prohibited. The transmission must have been an option for
a one ton or smaller truck. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal
components are permitted.
Transmission - Manual:
Non - OEM transmissions are prohibited. The transmission must have been an option on
a one ton or smaller truck. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch
meeting minimum SFI Spec1.1 or 2.1 is mandatory on all engines. All manual
transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All
transmissions must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or
greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a
properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bell housing. It must
be attached to the rear of the engine block and extend rearward onto the transmission
with a minimum of six (6) inch overlap where it is fastened.
Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a single 2.6 inlet turbocharger. The compressor wheel must
protrude into the compressor inlet bore 1/8 inch. The 1/8 inch wheel protrusion must be
cut flat and square on bore and wheel. NO TAPERED CUTS. The inducer bore on the
compressor housing is limited to 2.6 inches and the bore must be uniform in size
throughout the diameter. No oval or egg shaped bores will be allowed. The inducer bore
is non removable and must be maintained for ¾ of an inch from the front face of the
compressor wheel. The inlet will be measured with a 2.65 plug, or internal calipers. The
plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A map width enhancement (MWE)
groove is allowed. No MWE groove width greater than (.200) of an inch will be allowed.
The entire MWE groove must be placed behind the cut or step on the wheel for the
protrusion into the inducer bore. Turbo with non stepped wheels, true 2.6 or smaller must
still have the 1/8 protrusion into the inducer bore, and the 2.6 bore must be maintained for
¾ inch in front of wheel and may have a MWE groove no larger than (.200) of an inch
wide behind the face of the wheel. All provision allowing air to the wheel other than via
the bore inlet and the MWE groove are prohibited. The 6.4 power stroke engine may
utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. The driver will be responsible for making
compressor wheel and bore accessible for tech personnel to measure bore and inspect
compressor wheel.
Water Injection:
Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from truck.
Wheelbase:
The vehicle must retain the original factory wheel base and track width. Cab and chassis
trucks may not exceed 172 inch center to center of axles. Front dual-wheel spacers may
be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style wheels.
All vehicles must cross scales and enter the track under there own power!

Updated 2.6 rules:

2012 BDP
2.6 Diesel Truck Rules
This Diesel class is designed for pickup trucks with a wide variety of performance
upgrades. A valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The truck

I don't know how the **** i missed it again, but 2.6 will NOT BE REQUIRED TO HAVE VALID DOT REGISTRATION OR LICENSE PLATES!

If you have spacers for your dual on the rear of a work stock truck will that be legal?

Yes that will be fine. Have a 2.6 legal charger, driveshaft safety and nothing stupid illegal in your suspension or hitch and you will pass. We want everyone to have a good time and compete at one of the last pulls of the year.

Okay. Way too much confusion on the rules. I have deleted previous rule posts for the 2.6 class. Here is a link to the official rules for the 2.6 class.
They are basically 2.6 class rules from PPL with a couple of sections omitted. If anyone has any questions, or concerns feel free to contact me and I will answer them for you.
Again, we are trying to make it so all you guys can come and make a great end of the season pull, and take home some money at the same time.
http://bdpshop.com/blog/?p=485

Okay. Way too much confusion on the rules. I have deleted previous rule posts for the 2.6 class. Here is a link to the official rules for the 2.6 class.
They are basically 2.6 class rules from PPL with a couple of sections omitted. If anyone has any questions, or concerns feel free to contact me and I will answer them for you.
Again, we are trying to make it so all you guys can come and make a great end of the season pull, and take home some money at the same time.
http://bdpshop.com/blog/?p=485

Sure wish you "omit" the factory appearing rule for workstock.

Pierce, what is your suggestion? I dont want to plug turbo's in the WS class so have to come up with something else. How about nothing bigger then a s300 style charger? No large frame chargers everything else is legal? Whats your thoughts...

Pierce, what is your suggestion? I dont want to plug turbo's in the WS class so have to come up with something else. How about nothing bigger then a s300 style charger? No large frame chargers everything else is legal? Whats your thoughts...

I understand not wanting to plug, but that leaves it open for for the duramax guys to get in with big wheels. I think you would be better of going with rules like in the Midwest, no frames bigger than s400 no clipped wheels aloud 2.5 bore. Thanks

I understand not wanting to plug, but that leaves it open for for the duramax guys to get in with big wheels. I think you would be better of going with rules like in the Midwest, no frames bigger than s400 no clipped wheels aloud 2.5 bore. Thanks

But that still leaves us teching hardcore turbo rules for a workstock class. No bueno.
What do you mean that leaves the duramax guys get in with big wheels? You haven't seen Fleece's workstock charger put down 700hp? Dodge guys have every advantage to modify a stock charger as a duramax does.

But that still leaves us teching hardcore turbo rules for a workstock class. No bueno.
What do you mean that leaves the duramax guys get in with big wheels? You haven't seen Fleece's workstock charger put down 700hp? Dodge guys have every advantage to modify a stock charger as a duramax does.

Ok, thanks we will just stay home, not gonna pick up a turbo that's double the money over what we been doin fine with all year.

The rules state stock appearing unmoddified turbo for the workstock . Anyone with respect for the sport should follow the rules set forth for each event . I know the Cheetah style chargers really piss people off so I call ahead and talk to a tech official before I go to every pull .

With the Fleece and Danville chargers out there a plug wouldn't necessarily tell you if someone is cheating . Maybe just tech the top 5 trucks in the WS real hard pull covers if ya have to .

This hook is about having fun inside of our sport, It's much more than a typical sled pull IMO - I'll be there hooking regardless of the rules!

Back