hp abilities with efi live?

I still just think duals are the way to go.. No worrying about wether a modded pump is good or not..

I spoke with a shop near you David and they are going to have a nice piece out pretty soon to help with dual pumps. It has safety features built into controller incase of faults with pressure spikes and etc...

Last edited:
I have a stocker on top of a mod pump.....not official baller yet :( LOL

Decreased pressure ramp time would be the primary benefit. The thing about duals is....even if modded pump has 100% displacement increase, it's still bound by its it's ability to get the fuel in and out. Two pumps means two fca's, two gear pumps, two lines to feed the rail.

I spoke with a shop near you David and they are going to have a nice piece out pretty soon to help with dual pumps. It has safety features built into controller incase of faults with pressure spikes and etc...

Near me??

Do tell...

I'm going to try a stock, or possibly differently modified FCA to fix this rail insanity, this graph is a log of a 787hp 1814tq run from today...

ScreenShot2012-03-10at71601PM.png

Im not sure who youve talked to, but I'd STRONGLY suggest calling Shane...his pumps have routinely answered the calls that are now being made with the use of EFI.

It is true that we now have the ability to ask the pump to do more thsan it EVER has been asked to do before...but if there are MANY trucks running stock pumps with Arson III kits making more power and holding duration better than modified pumps...its not the tuning.

its true. les has seen my truck develop from a smoky DD to a flat out monster on the street.

I just got 160k! out of my stokker with an Arson II on it, just went to shanes 10mm pump and wow, once EFI was dialed up i now know what responsive rail pressure can do when commanded with the RIGHT software/ tuner.

I'm going to try a stock, or possibly differently modified FCA to fix this rail insanity, this graph is a log of a 787hp 1814tq run from today...

ScreenShot2012-03-10at71601PM.png

My guess is it's like that because you're trying to command more than the sensor can read. Once it hits it's limit, you get what you have.

I thought he's working on a 6.7? I see the rail spike higher than commanded when he let's off so it would suggest that's the case.

Triton's right though, you need to leave some overhead for decent regulation, if the sensor is saturated it's not much use.

Normally when you saturate the sensor you get a flat line.....way to flat.

Last edited:
It is a 6.7 and the sensor will read to 29k... I was trying to command higher rp than I thought the pump could achieve at that pulse width to try and keep it from over compensating once it reached desired bit it still freaked out.. My tune is back to factory 26110 limit and waiting on a new FCA..

i dont know about these other companys pumps, but i do know that johns pumps can push fuel. put a stage 4 on a pulling truck with flux5's and has no trouble keeping up. he can be hard to get a hold of at times, but sure knows what he is doing with pumps. thats my two cents lol.

Back