hp abilities with efi live?

i havn't had any reliablity problems as for as efi and pumps but i will say that after swaping to a t&c 150% with dual lines and his ported rail, it only made 14 more hp over the II 85% with single line and stock rail, pretty disapointing after spending that kind money and when i called him with the new dyno numbers what he said really pissed me off, but anyhow back on topic

i havn't had any reliablity problems as for as efi and pumps but i will say that after swaping to a t&c 150% with dual lines and his ported rail, it only made 14 more hp over the II 85% with single line and stock rail, pretty disapointing after spending that kind money and when i called him with the new dyno numbers what he said really pissed me off, but anyhow back on topic

Seems to be a common theme from that camp...

Was he mad at the fact that you were running EFI Live and that the tunes were to blame, or that you didnt know what you were doing...or that you like others have found that his pumps simply just dont perform???

Seems to be a common theme from that camp...

Was he mad at the fact that you were running EFI Live and that the tunes were to blame, or that you didnt know what you were doing...or that you like others have found that his pumps simply just dont perform???

he said my tuner didn't know what he was doing and and a bunch of other bs, then said that i needed bigger injectors, i'm no expert but if the pump won't keep up with the injectors that are in it how is it going to keep up with bigger ones

I personally saw a new II 120% pump fall on its face this weekend before even breaking 500hp with 120 injectors. Right after that a T&C 60% pump make 527 with 100 injectors but barely keeping up so that's where the tuner stopped. Both trucks had the supporting mods to make 700hp but the pumps came up short. This was one of the best Cummins tuners out there who is also a EFI live beta tester.

We've had great luck with II's pumps, running dual 85% overs and they flow a chitload.

Did my own comparisons with one 85% over and one stock pump as duals.

I can run them independent of each other AND OR one at a time.

The 85% over flowed more than the stocker no question as it took a lot less FCA for the same quantity.

he said my tuner didn't know what he was doing and and a bunch of other bs, then said that i needed bigger injectors, i'm no expert but if the pump won't keep up with the injectors that are in it how is it going to keep up with bigger ones

wow, he blamed the tuner? lol.

We've had great luck with II's pumps, running dual 85% overs and they flow a chitload.

Did my own comparisons with one 85% over and one stock pump as duals.

I can run them independent of each other AND OR one at a time.

The 85% over flowed more than the stocker no question as it took a lot less FCA for the same quantity.

The II pump I spoke of in my post was the first pump my tuner had seen from II that came up really short like that. The pump may just have been a lemon.

Never ran his pumps but have talked to him on the phone and I get the vibe. I have always ran johns pumps with complete success. My stage 3 with a stocker held whatever rail that was desired from a standalone with big stix. My truck is under the knife but we'll see what it'll do with 200% nozzles and efi. Im hoping 930-1000rwhp @ 25k max rail.

I have talked to the only pump shop we use last week. What they said about efi is that guys are going in adjusting the voltage on the fca trying to command more fuel. In its messing up the pumps. That being said it goes back to the user of efi not nowing how to tune there truck right. So there looking at putting stock fca on the pumps to help limit things.

By no means EFI is the blame of pumps going bad it the tuner adjusting tables etc.

I have talked to the only pump shop we use last week. What they said about efi is that guys are going in adjusting the voltage on the fca trying to command more fuel. In its messing up the pumps. That being said it goes back to the user of efi not nowing how to tune there truck right. So there looking at putting stock fca on the pumps to help limit things.

By no means EFI is the blame of pumps going bad it the tuner adjusting tables etc.

LMFAO.....EXCEPT the less duty cycle the more fuel....LOL What pump shop?

LMFAO.....EXCEPT the less duty cycle the more fuel....LOL What pump shop?

Hence WFO once disconnected....

I would think the only way to damage a pump due to tuning would be to run it hard against a capped rail, but then other things would likely fail first.

Yeah, I was just going to post that. Being stupid with a capped rail would be way more suited to the blame game.

Back in the day before efi, I used to cut all power to the cp3 with a WOT switch and never hurt a thing.

I've been running the same pumps Shane send me for over 3 seasons on the race truck, tuned with efi. Truck and pumps speak for themselves. I have tuned 1000's of trucks over the years and reviewed so many logs I don't want to think about the number and his pumps always perform without major tuning tweaks.

Back