Announcing Our New 2nd Gen. Twin Turbo Kit

I should have worded that different. I have always like having the compounds beside each other. Have you thought about putting the secondary backwards to have a shorter hot pipe?

That's a really good looking kit. I've got a couple questions.
Is the battery relocation part of the kit?
Does all the exhaust come heat wrapped from II?
What kind of price tag does it have for just the piping and the 474?

Thanks

Sorry about the rant. I didn't think I was ranting at the time but now I look at that post and I can see how it looks. If we flip the primary then we end up with a longer run with the cold pipe. The way we have done this kit allows for a nice clean cold pipe and it also get the heat from the primary away from the engine block and firewall.

Yes the battery relocation parts come with the kit.
Yes we wrap the hot pipe and down pipe.
We also send you additional heat reflective products to ensure no excessive heat transfer to areas that you don't want the extra heat.
I believe we have this kit advertised on our web page or you can call our call center or any of our Distributors. The price is very competitive as we have wanted to make this kit affordable.
We know that there are many of our customers that have purchased turbos from us or even one of our competitors. This kit helps you get into a Twin Turbo Kit at a affordable price. Thanks, Brady

Last edited:
Looks like all you have to take off to get the oil filter out is the cold pipe.:clap:

Screw that. Put on a relocator kit like I did. I just reach under the front of the truck and take it off. :D It is protected by the full replacement bumper.

I second the "I want...but can't have" comment. :(

Yes the battery relocation parts come with the kit.
Yes we wrap the hot pipe and down pipe.
We also send you additional heat reflective products to ensure no excessive heat transfer to areas that you don't want the extra heat.
I believe we have this kit advertised on our web page or you can call our call center or any of our Distributors. The price is very competitive as we have wanted to make this kit affordable.
We know that there are many of our customers that have purchased turbos from us or even one of our competitors. This kit helps you get into a Twin Turbo Kit at a affordable price. Thanks, Brady

Thanks for the clarification.:Cheer:

Sorry about the rant. I didn't think I was ranting at the time but now I look at that post and I can see how it looks. If we flip the primary then we end up with a longer run with the cold pipe. The way we have done this kit allows for a nice clean cold pipe and it also get the heat from the primary away from the engine block and firewall.

Would a shorter hot pipe not be more beneficial than a shorter cold pipe:poke:?

The hot pipe being longer shows little to no difference in turbo lag or spoolup. The shorter cold pipe does help in turbo lag and spoolup. You are compressing the air on that side and shorter is better. It's not enough to get overly excited about but it helps. Thanks

The secondary turbo that is attached to the exhaust manifold is were spoolup starts in a compound twin turbo set. The primary turbo becomes active when airflow increases. On the other hand the cold pipe being shorter allows the primary turbo to compress the air to the secondary turbo a little quicker but again the secondary turbo is were spoolup begins. Thanks

The hot pipe being longer shows little to no difference in turbo lag or spoolup. The shorter cold pipe does help in turbo lag and spoolup. You are compressing the air on that side and shorter is better. It's not enough to get overly excited about but it helps. Thanks

:umno: Turbos need the energy from the exhaust in the form of heat(expansion). The farther the turbine housing is from the energy source, the slower the turbo will spool and the lower the max boost pressure will be. The primary exhaust inlet temp. will be at least 400-500 cooler than the secondaries' inlet temp. with this kit. I'm sure there are other good points you could bring up about this kit, but superior spoolup isn't one of them. It's just not possible according to the laws of physics.

:umno: Turbos need the energy from the exhaust in the form of heat(expansion). The farther the turbine housing is from the energy source, the slower the turbo will spool and the lower the max boost pressure will be. The primary exhaust inlet temp. will be at least 400-500 cooler than the secondaries' inlet temp. with this kit. I'm sure there are other good points you could bring up about this kit, but superior spoolup isn't one of them. It's just not possible according to the laws of physics.

:thankyou2:

Back