Common Sense

Then why did you complain about it costing 15k if you do all your own work. Ppl rules affect everyone else in the country. Their goal is to take over all pulling. If you want to hook many places you have to use their rules. So take a look at the big picture instead of what's just good for you.

How is tube chassis good for anyone? I still don't get the want for a tube chassis from a tire and turbo change? At the point of the tube chassis why not build a SS truck.

How is tube chassis good for anyone? I still don't get the want for a tube chassis from a tire and turbo change? At the point of the tube chassis why not build a SS truck.

If you want cut tires why not pull super stock since they already have them. Nothing says you need a tube frame for the super stock class. Why is an aftermarket chassis such a bad thing. Gas trucks have been using them for ever in lower classes.

Last edited:
I don't know of a class that is currently 3.8-4.1 smooth bore with cut tires do you. I pull sometimes have had a problem with breaking blocks. But considering cut tires and a large frame turbo on my truck for open class locally.

I think the cut tires big turbo class would be awesome. I always said that's what I thought the current superstock should be. But that class will not work on a local level for us. We still don't allow deckplates and will NOT Change that rule. We have trucks in the 1500 hp range on wet blocks with 100+ hooks on the blocks.

If you want cut tires why not pull super stock since they already have them. Nothing says you need a tube frame for the super stock class. Why is an aftermarket chassis such a bad thing. Gas trucks have been using them for ever in lower classes.

It's not a bad thing. It's just not good for this class. Your thought process is what has basically ruined these classes to start with. Well if we allow "W" then why not allow x, y and z! Well the rule says .250 map groove lets make it front facing and cheat the phuck out of it and its still legal. Oh, you have been running a deckplate when it was illegal for a year? Ok, we will just allow it because of who you are! At some point the BS has to stop or there won't be any classes worth running in. That goes for all orgs not just PPL.

It's not a bad thing. It's just not good for this class. Your thought process is what has basically ruined these classes to start with. Well if we allow "W" then why not allow x, y and z! Well the rule says .250 map groove lets make it front facing and cheat the phuck out of it and its still legal. Oh, you have been running a deckplate when it was illegal for a year? Ok, we will just allow it because of who you are! At some point the BS has to stop or there won't be any classes worth running in. That goes for all orgs not just PPL.
As an outsider looking in, this is precisely why pulling is difficult to keep up with.

I think the cut tires big turbo class would be awesome. I always said that's what I thought the current superstock should be. But that class will not work on a local level for us. We still don't allow deckplates and will NOT Change that rule. We have trucks in the 1500 hp range on wet blocks with 100+ hooks on the blocks.

You guys have keep the class under control and seems to be consistent. Why worry about what ppl is doing. I would keep ppl out of what you have local as long as posssible.

Im bit confused because you post the above but support a turbo and a wheel/tire change in your current class. A change that forces everyone to spend a bunch of money just to get the same results.

Im bit confused because you post the above but support a turbo and a wheel/tire change in your current class. A change that forces everyone to spend a bunch of money just to get the same results.

I support a tire change! I've never supported these chargers that have gotten us to where we currently are. I was for a smoothbore/ restrictor type charger years ago. I've never supported allowing deckplate engines.

You guys have keep the class under control and seems to be consistent. Why worry about what ppl is doing. I would keep ppl out of what you have local as long as posssible.

Only dog I have in the race is I enjoy going to schieds, ts, and running with itpa when our schedule allows. Even though currently were taking a knife to a gun fight we don't go to win but we can hold our on on a 300 ft track. The cut tire and 3.8 will just keep us from going to "play"

Call and ask anyone who has a tube chassis what they have in it. It sure as hell isn't $800.

Built my own, built out of 2" & 1.5" DOM. Basically a clone of the top running OSTPA Mods and SS Diesel chassis with a few tweaks. I have less than $2000 into the frame, built my own sheet metal rear ends (F106 front, 20-145 rear) and have less than 8K into the both of them fully custom......build the stuff your self and save some major $$$$$

Ryan

How much is your time worth?

Once I had the drawings designed and cut lists created (was not more than 6 hours of my free time in two evenings to do that) it was a couple hours on the band saw and CNC (I paid a local guy to notch everything on his cnc mill and was included in the price stated above). Assembly time was a solid weekend in the shop with the tig welder. All in all...I don't count my time as its money saved on things I do for my personal projects and why pay someone else major $$$ when I can do it my self!

Ryan

Fair enough, I just refuse to count my time for nothing when looking at a project, even if I enjoy it.

I don't understand this at all heard it a lot but it doesn't make sense. You are not paying yourself. So I think I'm worth a grand an hour. Great. Who's paying me that. Nobody. So my time is worth zip unless I have something else more important then I might say that extra amount of money in cost is not worth my time to do it so I'll just pay to get it done. It is still just a saying really that says I'd rather pay money and be lazy than do it myself.

There's always something someone wants me to be doing that they are willing to pay me for, so let's call my time worth $35 Per hour, I can either be brining money in, or spending time working on my project. At that value i estimate what that part of the project, say a frame, will cost me to buy, or in hours, figure out what the better value is, and maximize either my income or time with family. Sometimes it's just cheaper to buy than build.

I'm not saying I'm right, but would you spend 20 hours building a $20 part?

So correct me if I am wrong, the old 2.6 will turn into the current 3.0 with a smooth bore turbo. The old 3.0 will turn into a single turbo version of the super stock class. Is that about it?

So correct me if I am wrong, the old 2.6 will turn into the current 3.0 with a smooth bore turbo. The old 3.0 will turn into a single turbo version of the super stock class. Is that about it?

Yes and next year the talk is to make the 3.8 smooth bore twins and allow a sigma just so it isn't so far of a jump to super stock if somebody want to bump up a class.

Is badger going to follow PPL rules or make their own??

Back