Lowered Compression

His 24v really bellows the white smoke when you first start it! But at idle when its warm its only a haze!

Ran the timing up on the truck and it smokes quite a bit at an idle. Settles a tad once it gets a little warm. Getting it start for the first time always takes ether. If it sits more than a few hours. Gotta get the spray back out!

Anthony you should see that orange thing when he starts it in the morning it's like its running on 3 cylinders white smoke about clouds out the subdivision and won't rev for nothing. takes a good 10 minutes before you can even pull out of the driveway.

There are a few ASE white papers on this. I recall reading one about a diesel that was run from 12:1 all the way to 20:1. 13.5:1 was found to be the best in that particular engine. After 13.5:1 the motor did not produce any extra power over all the other tests. As the compression was raised the only thing that tended to go up was emissions and fuel consumption.

Anthony you should see that orange thing when he starts it in the morning it's like its running on 3 cylinders white smoke about clouds out the subdivision and won't rev for nothing. takes a good 10 minutes before you can even pull out of the driveway.

Haha sweet! Mine revs fine. Just smokes white alot. Ill try and get Mokane pull up to show ya what Im talkin about. Oh wait... You were there:doh:

I am at 15:1 in my 02 Dmax. It starts but it is cranky when its cold out. It smokes white. Alot when cold. Nobody really pays much attention to my truck when I pull in with it on the trailer. But when I start it and it smokes white till the ECT get around 125* people notice.:hehe: Once its warm it hazes but not bad. Idles very smooth. But I am only running 5* of timing at idle.

I am at 15:1 in my 02 Dmax. It starts but it is cranky when its cold out. It smokes white. Alot when cold. Nobody really pays much attention to my truck when I pull in with it on the trailer. But when I start it and it smokes white till the ECT get around 125* people notice.:hehe: Once its warm it hazes but not bad. Idles very smooth. But I am only running 5* of timing at idle.

Why 5* at idle? Quicker warmups?

Back