Supercharged Cummins

BB yes. Not sure. I got the Y2K used and the bearings were kinda "tight" and it (as a single) spooled around 2600RPMs. The charger never seemed to actually "lite" it seems to need to be pushed the whole time.
It does seem to be loosening some (prolly working the coked oil out of the bearings!) and paired with the SC spools by 2100 now.
I will be trying other SCs and turbos later as well, but the bigger SCs require more mods to install and pull more HP to run.

I like that SC for all reasons you listed plus price. I'm just wondering what a 88 would be like underneath there.

Please keep us posted.

I wonder what to small of a turbo would be to run under this or does it just depend on fuel. I've only got a 62 on mine now but would like more to pull my fifth wheel with. It spools just fine of course but more would be better in the flow department.

you would need a large charger to work with this set-up. the SC replaces the secondary in a typical twins arrangement.

I think the 80 he's using for testing would be as small as you'd want to try and run for a primary.

I'm not familar with Turbonetics and how they flow compared to say a BW or Garrett. Are you saying a Y2K 80 doesn't flow enough? Would an S475 work? Or would an S478 be the minimum?

Ok thanks, like mighty goat said wondering about a 475 it flowed plenty when I had the twins, don't know how much different it is from the 80 but it sure would be cheaper than the bb turbo

But didn't you say the MP90 bypass valve equalizes pressure on both sides of the rotors so its more like the Y2K only providing pressure on the top end? Seems like with an 80mm you could at least push it to 70 psi.

Probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen on the forums.

I'm guessing the sc from 3.8 m90 is different than the 4.0 m90 just wana het the facts before I start ordering parts. Thanks for the info carl very nice setup!!

How much longer does the belt have to be? I've got twin pumps, would I need a stiffer tensioner to keep that extremely long belt tight? That is if I can find a belt that long.

Ya but are they the same housings as the fords? Just wondering seen a few on eBay but if he's building the piping for the ford version I don't want to get the wrong one

I'm guessing the sc from 3.8 m90 is different than the 4.0 m90 just wana het the facts before I start ordering parts. Thanks for the info carl very nice setup!!

How much longer does the belt have to be? I've got twin pumps, would I need a stiffer tensioner to keep that extremely long belt tight? That is if I can find a belt that long.

The 3.8 M90 is older design and shorter than the MP90 I used from a 01-04 mustang 4.0.

Huck- I ran a separate belt for the blower but the CR fan turns the opposite direction, I havent tried to do this on a CR, yet...

Back