I'll finally be a made man

lol, are you supposed to salute WO's? We work with a lot of army folks, and see them occasionally. We never know what to do though.

hahaha yeah you are supposed to salute them; alot probably dont care since they were priors for so long

lol, are you supposed to salute WO's? We work with a lot of army folks, and see them occasionally. We never know what to do though.
Yes

The pay raise was only actually right under $200 a month but this summer it will be another $200 so that will be nice. For us a WO is considered a subject matter expert. For us you have to have at least 7 years time in service and at least an E5. Usually guys are a little farther along though.

Only certain MOS's are feeders for the WO program for us. Usually infantry, maintenance, and technical MOS's, no pilots at all for us though.
I went to a WO recruiting event a little over a year ago and was very suprised at the number of MOS's that do have a WO program. Like you said, they are considered subject matter experts and you see a lot of those guys in the maintenance field.

Thanks man and Congrats on the upcoming commissioning. I wish we did have to take the tests, it would help hold some back that don't deserve it.

Trust me, the idiots still make it through. Hell, I passed the E5 test first try, without opening a book. I suppose the right test would be nice, but I don't see anyone making a test hard enough to filter out idiots.

As a CWO4 I have stopped several folks who failed to render a salute but do so tactfully and not as an ass. I was stationed for 6 years at our largest Training Center and most of the younger folks are confused when they first approach a Warrant Officer as they most likely haven’t encountered too many of us, only 24 in my rating in the whole Coast Guard. I do it mostly for educational purposes so they know and won’t be confused in the future and will from that time forward be able to render the proper salute.

Oh yeah I am not a pilot :) I am into civil engineering.

Both the Army and Navy have Warrant Officer Pilot programs.

BBD

We learn from the get go. I remember a drill instructor telling us don't be the idiot to miss a salute. They used to tell us they didn't care if an LT left his dog in the car, if it had a blue sticker the dog rates a salute LOLLOLLOLLOL

you know there getting rid of base stickers? i mean they are pointless as hell and a pia to get, a couple bases up here dont require them and soon NOB and Oceana wont either

Come down here to the ncbc in gulfport. It is ridiculous down here. Always 100% checks and stickers a must. My family can't even come down to visit without me bringing them through the gate even if they have a pass.

Come down here to the ncbc in gulfport. It is ridiculous down here. Always 100% checks and stickers a must. My family can't even come down to visit without me bringing them through the gate even if they have a pass.

Good I am all for that, unfortunately its necessary these days, and I would rather you be caused a little inconvenience then somebody to report that you were taken out by some dumb ass terrorist.

Doing away with the decals and doing 100% I.D. Checks is the way to go. I still remember the day I saw a coast guard windshield decal on a car at used car lot, I swung around and told the dealer to take it off now and I waited until he did. Obviously some CG dumb ass didn’t take it off when he traded the vehicle in.

BBD

Yeah we have used cars all over town with base stickers still on them. We have an E-3 with a O-6 sticker on his rear window. We leave that one alone lol

Any Army WO in here? If so, any prior infantry? Seems infantry can only go pilot. How hard/long was the process for that?

Back