FASS Diesel Nationals June 6th @ IRP

See I was thinking the opposite. That they would prefer Muncie. Guess we will see. Ill just stay updated and follow the crowd.

I wasn't there but from what I understand, Eric cut the show to 1 day due to poor attendance and didn't refund any of the money to the venders when they paid for 2 days. Eric also didn't pay them till a day or so before the the last NADM event, which they were going to attend instead of the DHRA event the same day, so they would show up at his event.

That is correct we will have all the details done by middle of February

It is time to get back to good old sled pulling and drag racing and remember why we all got into these sports in the first place because it is blast and their are great people in the diesel community.

0606-XL.gif

I wasn't there but from what I understand, Eric cut the show to 1 day due to poor attendance and didn't refund any of the money to the venders when they paid for 2 days. Eric also didn't pay them till a day or so before the the last NADM event, which they were going to attend instead of the DHRA event the same day, so they would show up at his event.

I was told this week that the Haisley and Scheid group will be at Muncie. Cya in Muncie! Best of luck to the IRP event.:rockwoot:

I was told this week that the Haisley and Scheid group will be at Muncie. Cya in Muncie! Best of luck to the IRP event.:rockwoot:

X2, it was the word today from the source, see you all in Muncie! It cracks me up how the stories get so twisted anymore, it is worse than daytime soap opera's.:bang

I just can't see the venue at gaston handling any quantity of fans, and if there is the least bit of rain before hand it will be a mud hole. I don't know the whole story so maybe there are other reasons for going to muncie.

I just can't see the venue at gaston handling any quantity of fans, and if there is the least bit of rain before hand it will be a mud hole. I don't know the whole story so maybe there are other reasons for going to muncie.

Rain??? Come on Dan we take that chance no matter where we go to a pull. Rain doesnt have any affect on choosing where to go.

Rain??? Come on Dan we take that chance no matter where we go to a pull. Rain doesnt have any affect on choosing where to go.

I am not talking about the track, have you been to gaston? It is basically the lions club with a track behind it. I think the only paved portion is inside the building. I meant if there is much rain the parking lot(field) will be a mud hole. To top it off you will have all of the idiots doing donuts and everything else. Gaston was great for a 1000 people or so, but you start pushing what the diesel nationals brought and they don't have the facilites to do it. No pits to speak of etc, etc. I don't know the whole story, maybe people are mad at certain people. Muncie just does not make sense to me for a national level pull. They really just have like the 6 row high bleachers on one side of the 300 foot track.

I guess I am making the assumption they are having it at gaston this year, like they did in the past with previous thunder in muncie.

Delaware county fairground would be a good place if you ask me. Has a grandstand and all.

Last edited:

good luck in Muncie. I will just have to wait to see the new Scheid truck till later in the year but it is still 4 months away so hopefully they will change there minds and come to ORP.

Jay

You guys are missing the point on muncie. It is not going to be a national event. Its back to the roots style pull and racing. A one time deal no other events are going to follow. Mcbride is having thsi one event. ORP may turn out ok but its hard to tell.

Im going to support Indy since it has a better chance of happening again next year, theres quite a few of us from this area going to indy!

last years Indy event about did it for me......vendors, what vendors?? nobody was there with parts and the ones that were there were local shops that just wanted you to place an order then come pick it up later. i can do that with any computer and not pay $20 to get in.

plus are you going to have to join the assoc. to pull??? thats how the dhra was and it would cost about $80 to hook for that one time if it was the only event you made that year.

i am still torn because Indy is 20 mins away, but mcbride ruined our county pull bringing pro stock trucks to a run what you brung county fair pull. talk about some pissed off farm boys with decent powered street trucks that had to compete with all out pullers. on top of not talking to anyone and loaded up on the trailer waiting at the booth for the pay out???? come on...don't even get me started about complaining about the track too

I'll wait till the schedules are out and i bet Van and Dan try to make both if they can. it is not that much travel between the two.

I think Indy will be a lot better now that the DHRA is done and a new org has stepped in.

How can you say that?? I think how good the event is depends on the turnout of competitors correct? So far all I have heard is everyone will be at Muncie.

Back