Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Looking at buying another truck. How much is a salvage title truck worth? Already called the insurance company so no problems there. Obviously would need to be state inspected to be put back on the road. As far as damage goes seems minor to the cab. Everything else that looks damaged will be removed anyways.

Specs: 1 mil on 550 bxs w/18sp. 18k steer, 46k full locking rears on air trac.

seems like it would part out for $15 -20k or am I way off here? I have bought wrecked trucks in the past and fixed them up but they all had clean title's. This salvage thing is new for me on how it affects value.

Few nice trucks I seen at a truck and tractor show over the weekend. And the last one must be a rolling endorsement for planned parenthood, bad.
a4dbc76591190e72cd16e044865c908c.jpg
0c2bcbfda8186b79e82e5c9432b25683.jpg
c6dc338de1b54f4aa9d3faf090ba78ce.jpg
97e6ac8c966310fc1d91f8edbecb841e.jpg
c6b88f526aaa9d5c7194a42f9bb56171.jpg
9ca7c8419725ec184d9a19485bd00d6c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SmokinCAT i was finally able to find a engine serial number. 4MG94307 . Can you help me any now? please and thank you. It wasnt stamped between the 5&6 but rather right under the #3 right above the oil cooler.

Also where would you order the injector nozzles from?

You guys would know. What jet PN is supposed to be used with the aluminum pistons in a 3406B?
Guy has a 4CK (steel crown engine) that someone put and aluminum pack overhaul in. He split #6 crown.

I had the guys put the single outlet jet in it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

No 4cks left the factory with steel top pistons, 8PN would be the only mechanical truck engine that did.

Depending on the power level the piston will change.

SmokinCAT i was finally able to find a engine serial number. 4MG94307 . Can you help me any now? please and thank you. It wasnt stamped between the 5&6 but rather right under the #3 right above the oil cooler.

Also where would you order the injector nozzles from?

That serial calls for 0R3423s.

Does anyone know where I can get an aluminum charge air pipe with a bead rolled in the end?

Blew one of my charge cooler boots off in the pull off this weekend. Don't want that happening again! The good thing is it was just Dad and I in the pull off so we were still 1 and 2.

Does anyone know where I can get an aluminum charge air pipe with a bead rolled in the end?

Blew one of my charge cooler boots off in the pull off this weekend. Don't want that happening again! The good thing is it was just Dad and I in the pull off so we were still 1 and 2.

Has to be alum?

Harbor freight has a cheap bead roller.

V-band only way to go.

No it doesn't have to be. But wanted something shinny!

Does it work well enough?

Mine are stainless and I polished them. It works good if you clamp a piece of 1/2 plate to the back of it so it doesn’t distort. It specifically says not for steel but I never follow the directions.

Back