06 Duramax question

What kind of driveability issues? I did have overboost issues with the 01, but i had them before i went to Nick's tuning, and watching some of the videos in the private label did make me understand what my issue was and how to correct it. My 06 was flawless for the first six months, now im getting the occasional overboost and p2563, im assuming since it was perfect for 6 months or so its not the tuning.

This was on LB7's, but they were complaining of touchy throttle pedal.

Every customer is different. What we do is supply the best tuning for their needs, if that needs tweaking, then we offer great customer support to get it right in the customers eyes. I have 7 full time employees that know there way around efi and answer the phone when customers call. I still do all the Dmax tuning myself to make sure the end result is great.

Easy to make a buck tuning, but if you get no support after the sale, you might as well buy a box tuner.

And what did you do to make it more to the individuals liking? Honestly mine has been great.

After I looked at the tunes and from what I seen, I reccomended they take it up with there tuner as I didn't want to spend alot of time redoing a tune(I don't mind making a few changes or even tweaking one of my tunes for somebody, but reworking somebody elses tune isn't my cup of tea).

The problem is that many so called tuners appeared after EFI Live came around. Very few made there own tunes and most copied from someone else and made adjustments. So they really do not understand the "Why" of things and that makes a big difference in how it runs, drives and tears up parts.

I run an Edge Evo (older version) deleted cat/muffler, egr blocker blow-by bypass and a k&n filter. Getting around 17-18 mpg daily and around 19 on long trips running 70-75.

:st::st:Back to the emissions hings he can completely delete them, a buddy of mine had complete deletes on his 6.0 done at rudy's still passed inspection. It's been about a year and I haven't heard any new regs on '06 model trucks. Probably will get more of a gain that way over just blocking them off & it sure will scream with a straight pipe.

Question on the pcv reroute....have any of you that have had it for extended periods of time noticed any low oil? I did a similar thing on my liberty CRD, and now I have to check the oil once a month, as it burns it off to the point where I add almost a quart every other month or so. I OK doing that to my vehicle, but I'm not willing to do that to their truck...at best they MIGHT eember to check it, let alone have oil on hand to refill it if its low.

Question on the pcv reroute....have any of you that have had it for extended periods of time noticed any low oil? I did a similar thing on my liberty CRD, and now I have to check the oil once a month, as it burns it off to the point where I add almost a quart every other month or so. I OK doing that to my vehicle, but I'm not willing to do that to their truck...at best they MIGHT eember to check it, let alone have oil on hand to refill it if its low.

My buddy has that same complaint... 05 Jeep Liberty 2.8 CRD. It uses quite a bit of oil, I was surprised how nasty the PCV lines were. My duramax always had wisps of vapor coming from the hoses but it never affected the oil level. Changed it about every 4k and it never used oil at all

When I got my lbz it was close to getting 20 mpg with a 4 inch exhuast lift pump intake and a quad stealth 2.. It ran pretty good but the egt got pretty hot when holding it wide open.

NC only has safety inspections for Diesel.

My truck with EFI, downpipe, 4" exhaust, airdog 165, race plug, ported fuel rail fitting, EGR blocked off running 72 psi in tires was getting 17 in city and 21 hwy.

Now I have Same mods as above but EGR deleted, BD full bore manifold, LB7 up pipe, S&B intake, Banks boost tube, built trans with 1056 getting 16.5 in city and 23.4 hwy. Different tuner after built trans.

Back