Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Jfaulkner, were you on westbound 275 at SR 42 around 4:30 today? I saw an orange and white KW with an orange frame pulling a 4ish axle sliding curtain trailer. I just caught it at the last second going by (I was fighting traffic). It had a Seminole paint scheme, I can’t remember exactly what yours looks like.

Jfaulkner, were you on westbound 275 at SR 42 around 4:30 today? I saw an orange and white KW with an orange frame pulling a 4ish axle sliding curtain trailer. I just caught it at the last second going by (I was fighting traffic). It had a Seminole paint scheme, I can’t remember exactly what yours looks like.

Sure was, probably daydreaming.

Same except but they get it in direct and run it to whatever max rpm you choose they hit start on the dyno screen. The dyno then takes over controlling the engine and starts loading the rollers until someone says stop or the crank hits the floor.

They do choose the max percentage of load which in the case of the ones I’ve done is 70%. Unless someone has a giant single which is harder to light they choose 90%
Ah I get it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Hey Leiffi is Volvo or Scania going to win the races in Canada this weekend?

No because they still havent found out that D16 Volvo engine would be much better base engine for their extreme builds. Stronger bottom end, better flowing heads etc.

I got answer from them, it is ok to participate with european truck. But then I found out they are using Bosch modular commonrail conversions with aftermarket ECM worth like 50000 dollars. In A-class, B-class is not very interesting, they are like our working trucks.

So now I think it is not going to happen, I'd rather build a truck for our 8500 kg pulling class, can do the complete truck with the money they spend to fuelsystem alone.

Maybe your euro mechanics should talk to US mechanics since you say the euro C18’s break cranks all the time.

See how stupid you sound?

Why is it just about any US truck with a euro engine sells for pennies on the dollar compared to anything us engine powered? Anything with a euro designed DD13/15, DAF Paccar, MAN Maxxforce or Volvo/Mack engine is considerably cheaper than the same truck with a Cat/Cummins or older Detroit?
Because US customers are stupid, they pay overprice for classic POS only because they think they look cool driving them.

Now you dont even have a choice, except Cummins which you say is crap.

Because we dyno trucks like they work. Gain speed at the bottom of a hill a drag them down as they climb, same as a sled pull, same as the Canadian drags. Which is the same as how they engine dyno. In his idiotic mind he things an inertia dyno makes more sense. Someone should tell Taylor to change their dyno software because Leiffi things this is wrong.
Canadian drags are ACCELERATING uphill.

You still dont get it, when you drag the engine down in rpm dyno has to brake all the rotating mass from engine, transmission, tyres and even its own rollers. That gives false readings, Doodle proved it. It doesnt matter overdrive, direct or underdrive, higher speed just gives higher horsepower.
Steadystate is ok for stock engines that dont melt itselves, but for heavily tuned engines acceleration is safer, it just gives little bit lower numbers. Controlled acceleration with dyno controlling acceleration rate, not free rolling inertia dyno.

We didnt found pull down mode from US made Mustang dyno software, maybe they dont know what they are doing ?

No because they still havent found out that D16 Volvo engine would be much better base engine for their extreme builds. Stronger bottom end, better flowing heads etc.

You forgot to add that the truck will keep getting faster as it rusts away and gets lighter, and lighter, and lighter...

Chris

I got answer from them, it is ok to participate with european truck. But then I found out they are using Bosch modular commonrail conversions with aftermarket ECM worth like 50000 dollars. In A-class, B-class is not very interesting, they are like our working trucks.

So now I think it is not going to happen, I'd rather build a truck for our 8500 kg pulling class, can do the complete truck with the money they spend to fuelsystem alone.
Don't your super powerful euro trucks already have common rail? This shouldn't be an issue especially with your super euro tuners. Anyone converting to common rail are doing it on "old dinosaur" US engines so you should be walking in with the advantage. So pony up or shut up.
Because US customers are stupid, they pay overprice for classic POS only because they think they look cool driving them.

Now you dont even have a choice, except Cummins which you say is crap.

These are new trucks that are identical to the ones with the euro engines. a 2012 with a Maxxforce or a Paccar are the same trucks as the ones with a Cummins however the cummins powered truck always brings more money. Try again idiot.

Canadian drags are ACCELERATING uphill.

You still dont get it, when you drag the engine down in rpm dyno has to brake all the rotating mass from engine, transmission, tyres and even its own rollers. That gives false readings, Doodle proved it. It doesnt matter overdrive, direct or underdrive, higher speed just gives higher horsepower.
Steadystate is ok for stock engines that dont melt itselves, but for heavily tuned engines acceleration is safer, it just gives little bit lower numbers. Controlled acceleration with dyno controlling acceleration rate, not free rolling inertia dyno.

We didnt found pull down mode from US made Mustang dyno software, maybe they dont know what they are doing ?

Doodle just proved if that if you lie about gear ratio and pull in overdrive you can cheat the numbers, this was proven again this year at Antrim and is easily seen with the roller numbers. When you see wheel speed at 130+mph in "direct" everyone knows its a BS number. Oh and it's called a "pull down test" even engine dyno's have it.

If I understand correctly, A-class is too much competition and B-class isn't enough? Why don't you enter b-class to show the world how superior vulva is?:poke:

The dyno gave false readings on doodles run because it takes gear ratio into account and become part of its calulation, so when a parameter is changed on the truck and not in dyno software it gives higher numbers.

Truck engine dyno test are done by hold truck at 55-60mph and then load is slowly increased, for a dyno day this would be stupidly time consuming.

Your theory is busted when the current HP per discplacent record at Antrim’s was done with 4.17 gears...

B class is charger limited, you claim to be able to make more HP than anyone in North America with the same size charger so that should be right up your alley.

You guys don’t understand, the Volvo is a superior engine. It’s just no one in North America has figured this out.

Do they even offer the D16 over here anymore?

Our driver was all cranked up to get a 600hp D16 before we bought the 389 Glider...truckstop moneys and the Truckin Bozo had him convinced it would get 6mpg all the time and haul like no other.

We told him he'd never get a Volvo unless he bought it, and ordered his Glider. I think he's happy...
Chris

pic thread. Had to haul my one load for the week. Little kitty needed to get back to the mother ship.

Can't wait for winter, I really need to get fenders and exhaust put on.

jP5ixMp.jpg

Back