LBZ engine rebuild questions

I don't think he'll be able to change the pistons with the engine in the truck... don't think you can get the oil pans off to get at the rod bolts to get the pistons out... engine hasta come out I think. That being the case, I would strongly consider LB7 or LLY pistons instead of going back with LBZ pistons. I'd also have them delipped and coated if money allows.

thanks for answering the question.

he plans to go back with delipped and coated lb7 pistons, some aftermarket rods and main studs.

that guy we did engine for does not want to sell it.He said he wants to keep it,said he has a fleet of 3 other trucks he wants to keep it as a backup for one of his other trucks.I still have 7 good stock pistons and 7 stock rods that only have 21,000 miles on them.Also have a complete set of crower rods brand new.just let me know if interested.

Actually yes you could change the pistons out with the motor still in the truck, however it is more beneficial to pull the motor and stick it on a stand.

I would never stack anything with the EFI, doesn't make sence, sorry about the motor man. Keepin my fingers crossed myself every time a big tune is in.

Good luck

I would never stack anything with the EFI, doesn't make sence, sorry about the motor man. Keepin my fingers crossed myself every time a big tune is in.

Good luck

he didnt stack with efi live. he ran the pred/puck stack by theirself, then the efi alone.

Actually yes you could change the pistons out with the motor still in the truck, however it is more beneficial to pull the motor and stick it on a stand.

yeah we kinda scraped that idea. hes getting all new TTS pistons and whichever rods TTS sells.

Pull the trans and front diff, dont ask me how I know:( It wasn't a fun job, pulling the motor is a lot easier and less time consuming

Back