LBZ engine rebuild questions

bsmith

Never enough
so my buddy has a 07 with low compression in #2 and #7. before the compression test they replaced those injectors. that didnt help.

so he was gonna buy a spare engine and replace it, well 3 months later he's having a hard time getting a engine from up north cause of snow.

so i tell him just buy 2 new pistons and replace em. he says he cant buy stock pistons.

So where can he get 2 pistons from?

Should he change all his pistons to the better milled and coated type?

Can we change the pistons with the engine in the truck?

any other advice about pulling the engine or what he should do in his situation.

thanks
brian

07....What has he done to this thing to take it out of warranty?

predator/puck stack, then efi live.

he put the truck completely back to stock and re flashed it before bringing it in.

they said it didnt have the original code from Chevrolet in the ecm.

Also give Eric Merchant at Merchant Automotive a call, Tony Burkhardt of All Season Sales, Guyy Tripp at SoCal Diesel, any of these guys should be able to help you out.

predator/puck stack, then efi live.

he put the truck completely back to stock and re flashed it before bringing it in.

they said it didnt have the original code from Chevrolet in the ecm.

Why stack all that when EFI can do it all? Is the truck throwing any codes or white smoke? Its prolly bent rods not the pistons .

Alot of LBZs have been losing pistons, if that happened there will be some codes and smoke.

Why stack all that when EFI can do it all? Is the truck throwing any codes or white smoke? Its prolly bent rods not the pistons .

Alot of LBZs have been losing pistons, if that happened there will be some codes and smoke.

the predator/puck stack was used before a friend bought efi live.

not sure on the codes but it does smoke white and runs ruff.

Also give Eric Merchant at Merchant Automotive a call, Tony Burkhardt of All Season Sales, Guyy Tripp at SoCal Diesel, any of these guys should be able to help you out.

yeah for a lot of $$$$. hes talked to the guys a so cal and TTS.

can he just buy 2 stock pistons?

Bummer he burned holes in the pistons it sounds like. Guy should have stock pistons, he would be better off running delipped LB7 pistons then running the LBZ pistons again.

What EFI tune was he running?

we have a complete motor sitting at the shop now,it is not ours but one we removed and built another engine for his truck.I am sure it could be bought this guy.It is a lbz. It is a fairly low mileage engine.No problems he just wanted us to build him a sled puller.

Bummer he burned holes in the pistons it sounds like. Guy should have stock pistons, he would be better off running delipped LB7 pistons then running the LBZ pistons again.

What EFI tune was he running?

Nicks 530hp tune.

note , we/ i think the damage was done by the puck. after he got his transmission dont, the guy told him to leave it turned up so the tranny could learn the power.

so he rode around about two weeks with the puck on 100%, also going to the track.

it started having timing rattle and he keep driving it till it started white smoking and running ruff.

we have a complete motor sitting at the shop now,it is not ours but one we removed and built another engine for his truck.I am sure it could be bought this guy.It is a lbz. It is a fairly low mileage engine.No problems he just wanted us to build him a sled puller.

can he just buy a couple pistons and replace them with the engine in the truck?

i will give him your #

I got looking at the shop I have a complete set of crower roads and I have 7 good pistons that only 27,000 miles on them if interested.

See how much you can get it for and send me a PM if you would please. Chris

I don't think he'll be able to change the pistons with the engine in the truck... don't think you can get the oil pans off to get at the rod bolts to get the pistons out... engine hasta come out I think. That being the case, I would strongly consider LB7 or LLY pistons instead of going back with LBZ pistons. I'd also have them delipped and coated if money allows.

Back