So this happend in less than 24hrs....

Haven't been able to update this much this week. Got my first taste of "storm chasing" working South of Houston about 1.5hrs from me and this week was the perfect test for what you ask.

I logged for my own curiosity what it would be, and drove over 600miles this week in mix traffice crossing through the city and getting stuck in rush hour traffic every day. Thats not even counting the fact I literally idled for at minimum 3-4 hrs a day.

Even with setting my cruising speed at 82 which was around 2100rpms and all the above, I still averaged about 18.4mpg.

I'd likely have gotten 20-25 if I didn't idle so much, and slowed to 70-75. One day I cranked it at 7am, and it didn't turn off til almost 9pm.

Boy I kind of expected better mileage than that. I was expecting 30 mpg+.

Last edited:
Boy I kind of expected better mileage than that. I was expecting 30 mpg+.

They're rated at 21 highway/ 19 city.

I'd venture to say the taller tires help cruising mpg, but of course kill city. Keep in mind over 18mpgs all hand calculated with over 15hrs of idle time factoring into that aswell which is just wasting fuel.

I honestly think it's pretty damn good. I do know it gets over 20mpg just cruising based on a a 115mile treck I did with only 7gals in the tank.

Im curious how things change with a tune and the 366sxe.

Also will be putting a Cummins in tank lift pump which ahould help some.

Last edited:
Well confirmed something I had a hunch on.... this thing is definitely tuned. There's a trick to turn off the EGR by unplughing the MAF, yet when not tuned it will disable it and register a check engine light. Unplugged mine today to see what's up and boom no light.

To make things even better, I ran the CVIs on the trans since I noticed the trans fluid was bright pink and seeing it had been pulled before by looking at the bolts.

All CVIs came back showing a basically new trans clutch volume.

20190312-115755.jpg

With my work buying me the 2018 Titan XD Cummins, it makes me just want to leave this thing alone.

May sell it for what I have in it wince my wife hates there are 4 cars in the drive.

No contact with previous owner? or it was sold off a lot?? No sticker under the hood where the info about the engine is? GDE sends a sticker for you to put up near radiator support/ cross member stating the tune and alerting technicians NOT to reflash with a new factory tune. where are you located again, just in case anyone is interested in making room in your driveway.

Well I was being stupid a few months back and ripped the passanger fender flare off... let it sit for a few and slapped on a new belt and tensioner since there was a squeak starting.... all that turned into this "custom" setup.

Nothing that was done was intended or designed for this Jeep, yet my buddy fabricated the mounts for the bumper. Wired in the cubes to the factory fogs, converted the blinkers to LED which fit like a glove acoss the exposed frame next to the bumpers, and wired the running lights in to fender clare amber LED clearance lights. There's 1 more thing to add to wire in and those are going to be the final finish and will nicely fill the remaining end area thats exposed as daytime running lights that follow the angle of the grill.

20190524-190533.jpg

20190524-185516.jpg

Had a company car for 4 years that was a fully wrapped HHR and man that thing had its moments of fun especially being front wheel drive with a CVT.

Man, you really are into some mechanical oddities. Those HHR's with the CVT are REALLY rare. GM must've only made, oh, NONE of them.....:doh::doh:

Man, you really are into some mechanical oddities. Those HHR's with the CVT are REALLY rare. GM must've only made, oh, NONE of them.....:doh::doh:

Whatever.... felt and drove like a CVT. If it wasn't cool deal, doesn't change the fact it was fun to beat on for what it was!

Slightly inspiring to do pointless $hit with this thing.....

Jeep Cherokee KJ Liberty Offroad - YouTube

Man I want one of these rigs badly! In stock form they look like a wanna be Jeep or a poor mans Wrangler/ Grand Cherokee but with a small lift and a set of tires I think the look pretty tough. Bet they are fun off road!

What do they have in them for axles? Is there a decent aftermarket scene for lockers and gears for these trucks?

Back