Injecting fuel pre turbo?

Nothing my question was answered by JQ on the first page now I think you guys are making fun of me and if you keep it up you just mite hurt my feelings

BUSH-MIDDLE-FINGER-psd32304.png

Last edited:
Are you talking of injecting liquid diesel fuel before the compressor wheel? What do you think liquid impingement on the blades at 100,000 rpm is going to do?

Fumigated gasoline injected into the intake via PFI injectors is being done in the research side. It's called RCCI (reactivity controlled compression ignition). There are a few papers on it if you're interested. At moderate loads/speeds, it can be used at about 85% replacement.

Ohio State developed a diesel fogging apparatus that worked to introduce fuel into the intake for homogeneous charge compression ignition. I don't think this is what you want to do.

It's more common to introduce propane pre-turbo if you're wanting something to play with

--Eric

Last edited:
The math I did suggests that in a N/A application (for simplicity) diesel injected into the intake stream "should" ignite at about 12:1 compression. Whether or not you could get it started, or where 12:1 effective is crank-angle wise on a 20:1 engine, haven't got to that math yet.

You probably want to be turning the motor at least 4000 RPM before you inject it. At that speed who needs timing anyway?

For this to even remotly work the camshaft timing events would need adjusted....Much closer to gasoline specs than diesel specs...

Not to mention the poor performance that would be induced due to the lack of fuel atomization...and the worry of runaway, due to no fuel regulation

IMO Bad idea.

For this to even remotly work the camshaft timing events would need adjusted....Much closer to gasoline specs than diesel specs...

Not to mention the poor performance that would be induced due to the lack of fuel atomization...and the worry of runaway, due to no fuel regulation

IMO Bad idea.

:hehe: :hehe:

The math I did suggests that in a N/A application (for simplicity) diesel injected into the intake stream "should" ignite at about 12:1 compression. Whether or not you could get it started, or where 12:1 effective is crank-angle wise on a 20:1 engine, haven't got to that math yet.

Would you put a throttle plate on it to create vacumbe?

Are you talking of injecting liquid diesel fuel before the compressor wheel? What do you think liquid impingement on the blades at 100,000 rpm is going to do?
The diesel fuel would gently massage, lubricate, and exfoliate the compressor blades in some sort of zany spa affect thingy which would exponentially increase the compressor wheel's efficieny, thus enticing the turbolator to produce more whistlepounds of boost...right? Right? Right???

Well I think if you ran this in conjuction with a high rpm dyson 12v vaccum cleaner pulling air through the turbo then youd have a lower compression due the increased volume on the cold side of the turbo. Therefore reducing compression to approx 13:1 allowing a couple hundred ccs to pass thru a compressor wheel of about 70mm therefore causing increased combustion pressure IE increased horsepower/torque. Look out for me in the diesel power challenge next year with this set up thanks for the informative posts everyone.

Back