2005 Dodge Ram CR Street Truck

CR From Hell

Never Satisfied
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm gonna put my truck up for sale. For those of you that haven't seen it, it's a grey 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 QCSB 4x4 with 161,xxx under its belt. I love this thing, and its the best truck I've ever owned, I'm just running out of free time. I start the Q course in June of this year. It's basically like 3 years of training, crammed into a year and a quarter with a week break here and there. I originally thought I'd at least make it back to base at a minimum every month and be able to hit the track. However, after talking to a few of my buddies already in the Q, it's not going to happen. I obviously don't have to sell it, but I'd rather it be screaming down the track then sitting in a parking lot for months on end.

This truck has been in my family since it left the lot. It was originally my dad's who used it to get around to and from construction sites, and occasionally tow a small enclosed trailer. I bought it in April 2012 and turned it into what it is now. It was built in two phases by Ashley Black. The majority of the build took place in July 2012, just before I got back from Afghanistan. The second phase happened in December 2012 when I was home on Christmas leave. I'll separate the parts list into the first and second phase so you can see what parts were installed when. I've put about 9,000 street miles on it driving around base and it has ~ 60 1/4 mile passes. Its fastest time thus far is 11.49@117, keep in mind that's in El Paso which is ~4,200' in elevation. Sea level or close she'd run 10s I'm sure.

Phase 1 (July 2012/153,000 mi)

110# Hamilton Valvesrpings

Extreme Duty Hamilton Pushrods

ARP 625 Head Studs

100% Exergy's- Just had them checked out by Exergy over Christmas and all new solenoids installed.

PPE Dual Fueler Kit-Dual Stock CP3's

FASS Titanium 220

Stainless T4 Manifold (2nd Gen)

S475/83/1.0- Also have .90 housing and a race cover for it.

Smarty TNT-R

Caltrac's

QA1s Front/Rear

Front/Rear Driveshaft Loops

Full Billet Goerend Tranny built by Ashley

Autometer Phantom II Gauges:
-Boost (0-60#)
-Boost (0-100# for drive pressure)
-Tranny Temp
-EGT (0-1600*)
-Fuel Pressure (0-100#)
-Rail Pressure
-3 Gauge Pod for A pillar
-2 Gauge Pod on the steering Column
-3 Gauge Pod on the dash

4" Exhaust to 7" Single Black stack

30555R20 Nitto 420s on 20x10 Black XD Monsters

Recon Smoked LED Tail Lights/3rd Brake Light

Phase 2 (December 2012/159,000):

New '07 head, magnafluxed, valve job, & intake milled off.

B&B Side mount intake

Nitrous Express NXD4000 Dual Stage kit with 15lb bottle

Turbosmart 50mm Progate with Stainless Diesel Gate Plate- Boost regulator mounted in cab

JGS Drive Pressure Filter

Cowl Induction Hood

I installed cross drilled and slotted rotors/ceramic pads up front from Brake Performance as well as Crown Performance SS Brake Lines 2 weeks ago, and I've been very impressed. They bring it to a stop real quick at the top end of the track. I'm sure I missed a few small things but that just about covers it, if you have any questions feel free to message me on here or just shoot me a text. I know what it's worth and I know what I've got in it so please no tire kickers or low balling. Price is $40,000. We just had a dust storm the other day so let me get it cleaned up and I'll throw some more pictures on here. Thanks for looking!

Drew Anderson

Attachments

• IMG_0836_Resize.jpg
    IMG_0836_Resize.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0837_Resize.jpg
    IMG_0837_Resize.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
Flip them tow mirrors up and she'd sell quicker......:hehe:

Just kidding with ya. Very nice truck, glws and thank you for your service sir!

^ that flipped mirrors idea would work on the smoke switch forum.......... just sayin, good luck with the sale.

Flip them tow mirrors up and she'd sell quicker......:hehe:

Just kidding with ya. Very nice truck, glws and thank you for your service sir!

:hehe: oh so that's the secret... haha thanks for the support buddy, I appreciate it!

^ that flipped mirrors idea would work on the smoke switch forum.......... just sayin, good luck with the sale.

I thought there was a 10" stack/exhaust tip minimum to post over there?? LOL

Bump! Finally got the weather to cooperate with me and got the exterior cleaned yesterday. The last two pictures are what's wrong with the truck. My dad backed into a construction dumpster when he was trying to empty out some trash :bang, the driver side rear door has a spot of paint about the size of the quarter that's chipped off, and the stack is missing some paint about the size of silver dollar.

DS_zps0f718cac.jpeg

Front_zps73b1dd31.jpeg

PS_zps560314c5.jpeg

PS2_zps07a5a4d5.jpeg

Back_NoTag_zpsec1f55f7.jpg

PaintChip_zps48cffb7c.jpeg

Tailgate_zps31c0e5ba.jpeg

Its fastest time thus far is 11.49@117, keep in mind that's in El Paso which is ~4,200' in elevation. Sea level or close she'd run 10s I'm sure.

No. If you were naturally aspirated you may gain 12-13% hp going from 12.6 psi up to 14.7 at sea level. However none of that holds true for boosted motors. You might make a few more psi of boost, but not nearly enough to make a difference like that! Anyways good luck with the sale!

40k.....lulz

Good luck, but don't get your feelings hurt when it's still sitting there after your graduation.

No. If you were naturally aspirated you may gain 12-13% hp going from 12.6 psi up to 14.7 at sea level. However none of that holds true for boosted motors. You might make a few more psi of boost, but not nearly enough to make a difference like that! Anyways good luck with the sale!

I should've been more clear. I meant 10s (like 10.9x) with nitrous and any extra power at sea level. Thanks for catching that!

40k.....lulz

Good luck, but don't get your feelings hurt when it's still sitting there after your graduation.

Haha yea I know. But I had to start somewhere. Obviously what you have in a vehicle isn't what you're getting back but I'm just under $50k so I felt that was a good place to start.

I've looked over that truck at the shop, it's awesome in person...looks fast as hell just sitting there parked.

Ashley is a great builder, too. Free bump for ya.

I've looked over that truck at the shop, it's awesome in person...looks fast as hell just sitting there parked.

Ashley is a great builder, too. Free bump for ya.

Appreciate that buddy! :Cheer: If she doesn't sell it'll be back up there standing by for a cage and a 6.7 this summer.

Great shocks! I was impressed with how well it rode when I put the fronts on. Similar to a 1500, even with the stock springs in place.

Stocker Star Single Adjustable:

Front: TS902
Rear: TS901

Last edited:
Thank You for the shock info!...

For the area you live in right now the trucks paint look very nice.
Having been through El Paso many times and knowing how harsh the sun is there the truck looks sharp!.Silver is what may gal was looking for when we bought her latest ride,had this been up sooner it would have come east to PA and slid in with the other 4 Rams.Good Luck With The sale.

No problem bud, glad I could help! I shipped this truck down from Georgia last October, so it missed last summer's heat and this was it's first windy season. I've always kept a good coat of wax on it for that reason and I always hide it behind cover when a dust storm blows up. Darn, I just missed you then. haha I had been debating on whether or not to sell it since the end of January. I vote you sell the one you bought her and buy mine, she'll be very pleased. haha Thanks for the compliment!

Bumping this up. Just put on a new turbo Tuesday. It's a BW 6 blade billet 475/87 with a lightened TW. Put about 50 miles on it so far and its running great! Spools at about 1700 RPM, sooner & faster than my cast 475/83. That being said new price, as is, is $36,000.

I would also like to offer the option of returning it to stock. Should anyone be interested in going this route, all the work will be done at Black's Diesel. Below are my price points:

$27,000
- Leave the Georend tranny and 20" Wheels/Tires

$21,000
- All stock parts

Thanks for looking guys!

Back