what oil are you running in you I6 diesel?

i have heard rotella changed their oil a little bit recently? any truth to this?

i run rotella t 15w40, and when this 5 gallon bucket of it is gone im thinking about switching to premium blue

also ive heard Scaheffers(hope i spelled right) is pretty good. just lookin for some info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use delo 400. Its not an i6 lol but bearings always look great on tear down. The n-14 will be gettin it soon too.
But i may try schaeffers in the puller some next season. One thing about heui is you actually can tell a difference in some oils.

Last edited:
Schaeffers Supreme 7000 has been my favorite. I have also run Brad Penn, Mobil-Delvac, Valvoline Premium Blue and AMSOIL Marine 15W-40..all great choices as well.

I use delo 400. Its not an i6 lol but bearings always look great on tear down. The n-14 will be gettin it soon too.
But i may try schaeffers in the puller some next season. One thing about heui is you actually can tell a difference in some oils.

Thats no lie, Went from a 5w-40 synthetic rotella to Delvac 15/40, and the 6.0 starts harder and doesnt get the mileage the 5/40 did...

The free stuff I get out of 55gal. drums from a certain location I can't mention. Standard 15w-40 CJ-4 from Olympus. Don't need anything special for the ol' 12v.

Hunted and pecked from a Galaxy S4.

Last edited:
Back