what oil are you running in you I6 diesel?

i've only tried the "supply" once and having my engine smell like a dishwasher was not really all that fun. But i still get the smell-funny-free stuff from advance. Never been employed there a day in my life but i've gotten a manger discount sporatically over the past few years lol

Ah hell its good stuff! I was changing the oil in my truck every other week for a couple months, keeps that 200k mile engine cleeeean!

I stopped asking for "discounts" after that mishap at Napa, pretty sure he did a 10% markup on my filters LOL

Ah hell its good stuff! I was changing the oil in my truck every other week for a couple months, keeps that 200k mile engine cleeeean!

I stopped asking for "discounts" after that mishap at Napa, pretty sure he did a 10% markup on my filters LOL

That's a Buckeye tax. :kick:

I've heard it is good to switch the brand of oil you use every now and again. Different detergents?
Wondering what you all think?

There may be some merit to that, but if you stay in the same environment (midwest vs north vs south, salty sea air vs dry west, vs humid midwest) i'd find an oil you like and just keep it. Engines at CTC run premium blue for short tests, abuse tests, endurance tests, you name it. Unless we're doing specific testing with something different for comparison.

Valvoline premium blue 15w40

There may be some merit to that, but if you stay in the same environment (midwest vs north vs south, salty sea air vs dry west, vs humid midwest) i'd find an oil you like and just keep it. Engines at CTC run premium blue for short tests, abuse tests, endurance tests, you name it. Unless we're doing specific testing with something different for comparison.

Valvoline Premium Blue with Rev X. But I think I'm going to try Amsoil.

I'm confused with "trying" another oil. So if it blows, you'll know it wasn't as good and you'll switch back? Just sayin... :D

LOL Kinda... I've heard a lot of good stuff about Amsoil as far as being able to run longer between changes. If someone would like to donate 3 gallons of Amsoil on my next change I will give a seat of the pants and noise analysis between it and Vavoline with Rev X.

LOL Kinda... I've heard a lot of good stuff about Amsoil as far as being able to run longer between changes. If someone would like to donate 3 gallons of Amsoil on my next change I will give a seat of the pants and noise analysis between it and Vavoline with Rev X.

I would also be willing to do an oil filter comparison if someone wants to send me a Amsoil spin on filter to replace the Napa I put on the Amsoil remote Bypass unit.

I would also be willing to do an oil filter comparison if someone wants to send me a Amsoil spin on filter to replace the Napa I put on the Amsoil remote Bypass unit.

I'd be willing to test out some free spin manual locking hubs for the front of my '09 if someone wants to send me a pair.

:hehe:

Phil, you can kick me in the giblets next Friday...I couldn't help it. LOL

LoL can I sleep in your room Travis?

Posted from the IPhone while driving with my knees in the wrong lane.

That's a Buckeye tax. :kick:

Haha, probably. You hoosiers can be quite hostile at times.

X2 on running Premium Blue, Ive also seen it run through hell and back. Even though on high oil temps (270-280F pan temp) it seems to lubricate engine parts just fine on a tear down.

I cant say whether changing oils a lot is a good thing, but changing quite often hasnt hurt my truck one bit. After 205k miles it only uses about 1/2qt @ 5k oil change intervals.

Back