Wanted: JD 4430 complete front axle assy.

4x4dually

I need a complete front axle assy from a 4400 series Deere. Not quite certian which and all versions will fit under my '68 4020, but I know this one is worn out and needs replaced. Most everything I do is with the bucket so I'd like to upgrade to the heavier front end.

Anyone got anything for a reasonable price? I can buy them for $1000 - $1800 but tits that's a lot of money.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is either find a new assy or take this one to have a machine shop bore and sleeve the pivots and buy new pins. They are shot. I also have spindles from Abeline Machine....which are complete schidt. Their machining tolerances must be +-.25".

Attachments

• moto_0679.jpg
    moto_0679.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0678.jpg
    moto_0678.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
That is no way to treat a pool table. I will surely whip your ass. :hehe:

You know....I thought I had found all my biological family in the last year....but I still say were are related. I was going to put a disclaimer about the pool table in the first post just for you and figured I'd keep it quick. :hehe: You won't recognize that table once I get into putting my woodworkin' mojo on it. ;)

Not the first time I have heard bad things about Abilene machine.

Everything I've bought from them has had issues. The front spindels don't tighten up, the tie rod ends last a year, and the water pump casting won't even allow the belt to run straight. Their stuff is cheap...but it is mostly crap. I hate to drop over a grand on their front end.

I'd love to find a junked tractor I can rip the front out for $500 that ain't complete junk. Anyone? 4430's etc have different rims and lugs so I need tires, rims, and all.

Everything I've bought from them has had issues. The front spindels don't tighten up, the tie rod ends last a year, and the water pump casting won't even allow the belt to run straight. Their stuff is cheap...but it is mostly crap. I hate to drop over a grand on their front end.

I'd love to find a junked tractor I can rip the front out for $500 that ain't complete junk. Anyone? 4430's etc have different rims and lugs so I need tires, rims, and all.

Unless your willing to travel(and by then your spending $500 in fuel), I don't see that happening, and most folks won't junk their 4430 unless it is worn out.

It doesn't hurt to ask

Dad has a 3020 narrow front, 4230 narrow front. Years ago picked up a wide front for a 4230 from a guy that had one sitting in his loft for $1K. Put the heavier duty rollamatic from the 4230 in the front of the 3020, then sold the rollamatic out of the 3020 for $500.

Was a lot of work, but upped the value of the 4230 substantially.

Never hurts to ask. I'd drive a ways to get one (a state or two) if it was from the right price. My new truck has 600hp and gets over 24 mpg you know. I bought some stacked chips at Wal-Mart yesterday.

I will run better once I get a wireharness built for a guy. :poke: I'm ready. :poke: The display is looking mighty sweet lately I must also say...this touch screen allows all kinds of cool crap. :evil

When the weather warms up here I plan to get on it, I need to get the wifes car out of the way. LOL

It will be 80F here today! :rockwoot:

Need to borrow a chain or do you not "tow" with your truck? :hehe:

Too bad you're not closer, because there are quite a few of those tractors around here parked in the weeds.

Sent from my paperweight.

Price is everything. ;) I could ship it....but I am skeptical to buy something I haven't layed my own hands on.

Most of the tractors were running and usable when parked. When the crop money comes in, everyone makes a mad dash to John Deere to get new equipment. Old tractors get forgotten about or auctioned for nearly nothing.

Sent from my paperweight.

I would venture to bet that Jansen Brothers Garage in Sigel, IL would know the location of a good front end, or be able to point you in the correct direction. 1-217-844-2023

Back