Wanted: JD 4430 complete front axle assy.

4x4dually

I need a complete front axle assy from a 4400 series Deere. Not quite certian which and all versions will fit under my '68 4020, but I know this one is worn out and needs replaced. Most everything I do is with the bucket so I'd like to upgrade to the heavier front end.

Anyone got anything for a reasonable price? I can buy them for $1000 - $1800 but tits that's a lot of money.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is either find a new assy or take this one to have a machine shop bore and sleeve the pivots and buy new pins. They are shot. I also have spindles from Abeline Machine....which are complete schidt. Their machining tolerances must be +-.25".

Attachments

• moto_0679.jpg
    moto_0679.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0678.jpg
    moto_0678.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
That is no way to treat a pool table. I will surely whip your ass. :hehe:

That is no way to treat a pool table. I will surely whip your ass. :hehe:

You know....I thought I had found all my biological family in the last year....but I still say were are related. I was going to put a disclaimer about the pool table in the first post just for you and figured I'd keep it quick. :hehe: You won't recognize that table once I get into putting my woodworkin' mojo on it. ;)

Not the first time I have heard bad things about Abilene machine.

Not the first time I have heard bad things about Abilene machine.

Everything I've bought from them has had issues. The front spindels don't tighten up, the tie rod ends last a year, and the water pump casting won't even allow the belt to run straight. Their stuff is cheap...but it is mostly crap. I hate to drop over a grand on their front end.

I'd love to find a junked tractor I can rip the front out for $500 that ain't complete junk. Anyone? 4430's etc have different rims and lugs so I need tires, rims, and all.

Everything I've bought from them has had issues. The front spindels don't tighten up, the tie rod ends last a year, and the water pump casting won't even allow the belt to run straight. Their stuff is cheap...but it is mostly crap. I hate to drop over a grand on their front end.

I'd love to find a junked tractor I can rip the front out for $500 that ain't complete junk. Anyone? 4430's etc have different rims and lugs so I need tires, rims, and all.

Unless your willing to travel(and by then your spending $500 in fuel), I don't see that happening, and most folks won't junk their 4430 unless it is worn out.

It doesn't hurt to ask

Dad has a 3020 narrow front, 4230 narrow front. Years ago picked up a wide front for a 4230 from a guy that had one sitting in his loft for $1K. Put the heavier duty rollamatic from the 4230 in the front of the 3020, then sold the rollamatic out of the 3020 for $500.

Was a lot of work, but upped the value of the 4230 substantially.

Never hurts to ask. I'd drive a ways to get one (a state or two) if it was from the right price. My new truck has 600hp and gets over 24 mpg you know. I bought some stacked chips at Wal-Mart yesterday.

I will run better once I get a wireharness built for a guy. :poke: I'm ready. :poke: The display is looking mighty sweet lately I must also say...this touch screen allows all kinds of cool crap. :evil

When the weather warms up here I plan to get on it, I need to get the wifes car out of the way. LOL

It will be 80F here today! :rockwoot:

Need to borrow a chain or do you not "tow" with your truck? :hehe:

Too bad you're not closer, because there are quite a few of those tractors around here parked in the weeds.

Sent from my paperweight.

Price is everything. ;) I could ship it....but I am skeptical to buy something I haven't layed my own hands on.

Most of the tractors were running and usable when parked. When the crop money comes in, everyone makes a mad dash to John Deere to get new equipment. Old tractors get forgotten about or auctioned for nearly nothing.

Sent from my paperweight.

Good thing you have the loader to stabilize, all those blocks look a little shakey! :hehe:

there is a tractor wrecking yard in clinton mo iirc they sale just about everything

Last edited:
Might want to try Wothington ag parts. They have several locations around the country.....

I would venture to bet that Jansen Brothers Garage in Sigel, IL would know the location of a good front end, or be able to point you in the correct direction. 1-217-844-2023

Back