madmikeismad's new build thread/HD Fab Truck

A single layer suit provides 18 seconds of protection (IIRC)...though they are spendy I wouldn't buy less than a five layer....but I have no plans to race right now. Just don't skimp on safety. I know I'm preaching to the chior. LOL

I can also wear some issued gear LOL Supposedly some of it is flame retardant.

Since we're on the subject, I'm not above wearing used stuff either, unless it's been pissed/shat in, or involved in an accident before. if someone has a used firesuit/helmet they want to sell, let me know.

It ran 10.10 at 510hp. By the time it's all said and done, with the lighter trans, but my fat ass, should be about the same weight, and I plan on pushing it a little harder every pass.

I'm figuring I have way more than enough fuel and air for 700hp, the stock head will hold me back I'm sure, but I think I can get 700 out of it. Plus I'll have a 4spd w/ lockup, where before it was a th400 w/ overdrive unit.

End goal is very low 9's by the end of the summer. 8's maybe next year with cam, head work, and 13mm pump.

I'd bet Aaron's nuts that my memory is correct and the 10.10 pass was no OD, with spray, FYI

I'd bet Aaron's nuts that my memory is correct and the 10.10 pass was no OD, with spray, FYI

I can't remember, we talked about it but not much. If you win aaron's nuts, you can keep them.

EDIT: You were half right, it was fuel only on a stock 160 pump with 4k's, fuel only, no OD.

Last edited:
Some tracks will accept a fight Suit as a single layer fire suit. Since that IS what they are. I may know where you can get one or four...just need to know your size. Then see if you can talk your RA into issue you some nomex thermal underwear. You could have two layers for free.

Some tracks will accept a fight Suit as a single layer fire suit. Since that IS what they are. I may know where you can get one or four...just need to know your size. Then see if you can talk your RA into issue you some nomex thermal underwear. You could have two layers for free.

I have the gloves and underwear from deployments, and a flight suit would make me look as fat as I am LOL

I figure it's a 1000, as those seem the most common, but since it has absolutely no markings or numbers on it other than the brand, I wanted to see if anyone else had the same pump. I also am not sure if other pumps are the same size/appearance, like this one:

Aeromotive 11104 Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel Pump

And this one, which has the logo in the same spot, just missing the tag (though I highly doubt it's this one, my luck isn't that good LOL):

Aeromotive Pro-Series Fuel Pump - JEGS

The marine pumps also look similar.

I need to find the gph rating of it, so I know whether to run it before or after the airdog 165.

Last edited:
How much dang fuel does a little 1/4 ton truck need?!?!?!?

I'm running a 160 pump and the few people actually racing those have all said they like high pressure. The 5x.020's I'm putting in it this year, and the 13mm I plan for this fall will also need more fuel. And lets say the guy selling it too me is giving me one hell of a deal/arrangement on it, so I can't NOT run it LOL

Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to get a legit fuel regulator and get rid of that chitty OFV setup. I'm tired of pressure drops, I just want it constant.

Last edited:
I'm running a 160 pump and the few people actually racing those have all said they like high pressure. The 5x.020's I'm putting in it this year, and the 13mm I plan for this fall will also need more fuel. And lets say the guy selling it too me is giving me one hell of a deal/arrangement on it, so I can't NOT run it LOL

Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to get a legit fuel regulator and get rid of that chitty OFV setup. I'm tired of pressure drops, I just want it constant.

I might be able to help you out. Let me look tomorrow to see if I still have a regulator.

A1000 is plenty Mike, it with a stock lift pump still held 50 psi....(zero drop) on a 13mm pump!

Jim

I'm not retaining the stock lift pump. Ad 165 and this pump will be all i run, with a return regulator. Id just like to be sure i have enough supply without pushing the pumps hard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back